Watersafe Water Lead Test Kit WS-207 (Single)
£15.99 Inc VAT (£13.33 Ex VAT)
Bulk Order Discount (Unit Price)
|2 - 3||£14.99|
Lead in drinking water is mostly caused by lead pipes especially in houses built prior to the 1930s. The lead concentration is normally higher when the water is softer, ie. has a lower pH. When lead enters the body it can cause damage to the central nervous system as well as cause developmental harm especially in children and infants, neurological and kidney damage. Once lead has entered the body it is released very slowly, which means ongoing exposure will cause a build up of lead in the body.
The amount of lead in water caused by lead piping is greater when the water has been sitting in the pipe for a while, ie. in the first water of the morning. It is therefore important to let the water run to flush the pipe before using it. Because lead levels in the water can vary throughout the day, it is recommended to test your drinking water more than once – ideally throughout one day whenever you use your water for consumption.
The UK maximum contaminant level for Lead in tap water set by DWI/DEFRA is 10µg/l (= 10ppb* = 0.01mg/l = 0.01ppm). (*ppb = parts per billion)
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, as well as rain water
Sensitivity: presence/absence measured at a level of 15ppb* (= 0.015 mg/l)
This Lead Test can detect dissolved lead at a level of 15 ppb (= 0.015 mg/l).
When using the lead test kit, it is best to use water that has been sitting in the pipe for a while (ie the first water in the morning). Click here to find out more about testing for lead in drinking water. Should lead be present, then there is also some advice on what you can do in the short term.
Contains: 1 test
Total Test Time: approx. 10 minutes
How to Test: A water sample can be tested in 3 simple steps with this test kit:
Open Lead packet and take out all contents. The foil packet contains a one test strip, test vial, a dropper pipette, and a desiccant (to be discarded).
1. Using dropper, place water sample into test vial. Swirl vial gently for one minute. Place on a flat surface.
2. Place test strip into the test vial, with arrows pointing DOWN. Wait 10 minutes. Do not disturb strips or vial during this time. Lines will appear on the strip.
3. Take the strip out of the vial and read result.
Negative: Bottom line (next to number 1) is darker than the top line (next to number 2).
Positive: Top line (next to number 2) is darker than the bottom line (next to number 1), or lines are equally dark.
If a test strip shows a positive result, your water sample may contain lead at a toxic level. Take appropriate action.
To test the amount of lead in ppm (parts per million) in your water or body (using urine or saliva) then click here: Home Test Kit for Lead (range)
Please note, that Watersafe® is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. Watersafe® provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument.
Made in USA
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
Watersafe Water Lead Test Kit WS-207 (Double)£29.98 Inc VAT (£24.98 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Soil Test Kit for Lead (5 tests)£21.99 Inc VAT (£18.33 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Lead Water Test (Laboratory Test)£62.99 Inc VAT (£52.49 Ex VAT) Add to basket
eXact LeadQuick Bluetooth Photometer Lead Digital Water Tester
£461.99Inc VAT (£333.33 Ex VAT) Add to basket