Quick Test Kit for Cobalt (Co), regular 0-1000ppm (1 test)
£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT)
Cobalt is a naturally occurring element found in rocks, soil, water, plants and animals. There are non-radioactive and radioactive forms of cobalt. Cobalt in low amounts is beneficial for humans because it is part of vitamin B12.
This multi-purpose test kit tests not only the presence or absence but also gives an indication of the amount in parts per million (ppm) in water, the body and a wide range of materials.
Suitable for: urine, water; to test the substances which are not in solution, preparation can be made to convert them into solution for testing, this includes dust, dirt, paint, rice, milk, food, dishes, glasses
This non-invasive test helps detect harmful activities within the body through urine.
- Cobalt enters the environment from natural sources and the burning of coal or oil or the production of cobalt alloys.
- In the air it will be associated with particles which will settle to the ground within a few days.
- Cobalt released into water or the soil will stick to particles. Some cobalt compounds may dissolve in water.
- Cobalt cannot be destroyed in the environment. It can only change its form or become attached or separated from particles. Radioactive decay is the only way of decreasing the amount of radioactive cobalt in the environment.
Potential exposure to cobalt can happen:
- Low levels of cobalt by breathing air, eating food, or drinking water. Food and drinking water are the largest sources of exposure to cobalt for the general population.
- Working in industries that make or use cutting or grinding tools; mine, smelt, refine, or process cobalt metal or ores; or that produce cobalt alloys or use cobalt.
- The general population is rarely exposed to radioactive cobalt unless a person is undergoing radiation therapy.
The test kit contains an easy-to-read colourchart:
Sensitivity: 0, 10, 30, 100, 300, 1000 ppm (mg/l)
This test kit is a non-invasive urine testing kit. It is also suitable to test any other reasonably clear solutions where appropriate to do so. It is simple to use at home with full instructions given. It is recommended to read the instructions first before starting the test.
It is recommended to use saliva only if the user wishes to test for mercury or other metals that may be leaking from any amalgam dental fillings. Otherwise, to test for heavy metals in the body, the user should use urine as the sample solution to be tested.
Contents: 1 Test, including:
- 1 Colour strip on box of the kit
- 1 Test Instruction Sheet
- 1 Large Test-tube
- 1 Indicator stick
- 1 Pipette
- 1 Litmus paper – to cut into a few pieces
- 1 vial with clear cap – Reagent 1 (contains an acid and care must be taken as it is corrosive – please avoid contact with skin or eyes)
Storage: This test kit should be stored in a cool place , ideally 12°C to 20°C.
Related products: Heavy metals can be implicated in a range of acute and chronic conditions. Other individual tests available include arsenic, cadmium, chlorine, chromium, cobalt, copper, iron, lead, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, silver, tin, heavy metals. Please view the range on our website or contact us for further information.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. Please keep out of reach of children and pets. Wash hands before and after use. The contents of the kit should not come in contact with food or consumables. Once the test has been completed, dispose of it responsibly.
MPN: OS-COBALT REGULAR
|Each kit contains:|
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
Quick Test Kit for Aluminium (Al) (1 test)£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Water Iron Test 0-50ppm (25 strips)£13.99 Inc VAT (£11.66 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Total Heavy Metal Test Strips (6 strips in Foil)£7.99 Inc VAT (£6.66 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Quick Test Kit for Arsenic 0-1ppm (1 test)£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket