Sensafe Water Mercury Test 0-1000ppb (50 strips)
£19.99 Inc VAT (£14.99 Ex VAT)
Mercury is a liquid metal found in natural deposits such as ores containing other elements. Low levels of mercury may occur naturally in water after it has passed through various mineral deposists and rock strata. Electrical products such as dry-cell batteries, fluorescent light bulbs, switches, and other control equipment also account for 50 percent of mercury used. It is regulated in drinking water to protect public health, long-term exposure may lead to kidney damage and other serious health problems.
This Mercury Test Kit for water quality testing is a quick and easy method to test for levels of Mercury ion Hg+2. The Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) for Mercury set by the EU and UK Drinking Water Standards is 1.0µg/l or 1.0ppb (= 0.001 ppm).
This test detects Mercury from the ranges of 0-1000 ppb (= 0 – 1ppm). It is great for process testing and ideal for detecting higher & unsafe levels of mercury in drinking water. This mercury test is one of the most efficient and cost effective methods on the market to test for Mercury and ensure your water is safe.
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Test strips are stored in a plastic container with a detailed colour chart to protect them
- Ideal for quick and reliable test of water
- A mechanical reader is NOT required
- Accurate results are achieved in less than 3 minutes
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix
Suitable for: any fresh water, including water from tap, well, pond, stream, lake, river
1) Collect a 20ml sample and ensure that pH is between 6.5 and 8.5
2) Dip one test strip into the sample. Move the strip in a back and forth motion for 30 seconds.
3) Remove the strip from the water sample and shake once to remove the excess water. Wait 2 minutes and then match to the closest colour. Complete colour matching within 30 seconds.
Contains: 50 test strips
Sensitivity: 0, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 ppb (µgL) / 0.05, 0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 1ppm (mg/l)
Total Test Time: 2 minutes, 30 seconds
Note: Other metals such as Zn, Cu, Cr, Fe, Cd will give a similar reaction.
Please note: Store in a cool, dry (below 32°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. An MSDS is not required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
Watersafe Water Lead Test Kit WS-207 (Double)£26.99 Inc VAT (£22.49 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Total Heavy Metal Test Strips (6 strips in Foil)£7.99 Inc VAT (£6.66 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Quick Test Kit for Manganese (Mn) (1 test)£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Water Bromine Check (50 strips)£12.99 Inc VAT (£10.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket