Watersafe Water Lead Test Kit WS-207 (Double)
£36.99 Inc VAT (£30.83 Ex VAT)
Test for lead in your drinking water (above or below 5ppb).
Lead in drinking water is mostly caused by lead pipes especially in houses built prior to the 1930s. The lead concentration is normally higher when the water is softer, ie. has a lower pH. When lead enters the body it can cause damage to the central nervous system as well as cause developmental harm especially in children and infants, neurological and kidney damage. Once lead has entered the body it is released very slowly, which means ongoing exposure will cause a build up of lead in the body.
The amount of lead in water caused by lead piping is greater when the water has been sitting in the pipe for a while, ie. in the first water of the morning. It is therefore important to let the water run to flush the pipe before using it. Because lead levels in the water can vary throughout the day, it is recommended to test your drinking water more than once – ideally throughout one day whenever you use your water for consumption.
The UK maximum contaminant level for Lead in tap water set by DWI/DEFRA is 10µg/l or 10ppb (= 0.01mg/l = 0.01ppm).
Suitable for: drinking water, including water from taps
Total test time: approx. 15 minutes
Indicator: Presence / Absence at 5ppb (parts per billion)
The kit contains: foil packet contains a test strip for lead, instructions, test tube and a dropper pipette.
How to use (please refer to product for detailed instructions):
- Using dropper, place water sample into test tube. Swirl vial gently for one minute. Place on a flat surface.
- Place test strips into the test tube, with arrows pointing DOWN. Wait 10 minutes. Do not disturb strips or tube during this time. Lines will appear on the strip.
- Take the strip out of the vial and read result.
- Negative: Bottom line (next to number 1) is darker than the top line (next to number 2) or top line is not visible.
- Positive: Top line (next to number 2) is darker than the bottom line (next to number 1) or both lines are equally dark.
If a test strip shows a positive result, your water sample may contain lead at a toxic level. Take appropriate action.
Click here to learn more about lead in drinking water and what immediate steps can be taken to reduce lead exposure.
We offer a range of tests for lead in paint / water / urine by self testing as well as laboratory testing – for the full range click here.
Please note, that Watersafe® is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. Watersafe® provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument.
Made in USA
MPN: WS-207 Double
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
- All orders are shipped from United Kingdom (UK)
UK Shipment Options:
- FREE Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Royal Mail 1st Class (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 (1-2 business days): £2.99
- DHL Courier (1-2 business days): £6.98
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
Order by 12 noon for same day despatch. For urgent despatch after 12 noon, please call us on 01933 664746.
European Union (EU) Shipment Options:
- European International Shipping (5 – 10 Days) and from only £0.98.
- International Tracked from £6.93
- All orders to Europe are shipped including VAT so no duty or VAT to pay to customs
Please feel free to contact us for more information about international shipping before placing an order.
Rest of Europe, Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 20 Days) from £0.80 (can vary due to exchange rates)
- International orders outside the European Union and Great Britain are sent excluding VAT. Local VAT as well as potential import/duty fees are charged by local customs on point of import. Customs fees vary depending on product, however most of our products (ie water test kits) are duty free (0%). Please feel free to contact us for more information (ie HS Code) before placing an order.
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Royal Mail 1st Class (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail tracked service, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- DHL Courier (1-2 business days) – This express service is usually a next working day delivery (depending on location). Being a fully tracked service, you will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up 2 weeks (depending on the destination country), however for Europe delivery times are aprox 5-7 days.
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
I have not received my order what do I do?
If you have not received your goods after 14 working days, then please contact us and we will chase your delivery. The quickest way is to contact the team by email (quoting your order number and contact details) or call us on +44 (0) 1933 664746 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5.00pm). It is out of our control if delivery gets delayed due to postal strikes or natural disasters, however we will do our best to help solve any problems with lost items.
Returning an item
We want you to be happy with your purchase but understand that sometimes you may need to exchange or return an item. Follow our returns procedure if you would like to return a faulty, damaged, duplicate, incorrect or unwanted item. This can be viewed here or under Returns at the bottom of the screen.
Lead Water Test (UKAS Laboratory Test)£45.00 Inc VAT (£37.50 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Quick Test Kit for Chromium (1 test)£29.99 Inc VAT (£24.99 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Quick Test Kit for Cadmium (Cd) (1 test)£29.99 Inc VAT (£24.99 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Lead Water Test (Laboratory Test)£62.99 Inc VAT (£52.49 Ex VAT) Add to basket