Lead Paint Test (Lab Test)
£139.99 Inc VAT (£116.66 Ex VAT)
Bulk Order Discount (Unit Price)
This laboratory test is ideal to test the amount of lead in paint. The use of lead in paint was banned in the UK in 1992, due to its toxicity. Lead was originally used in paint to accelerate drying, increase durability and maintain a fresh appearance. In older buildings, lead might still be present if painted prior to the ban.
Each lead paint test includes testing of 1 sample of paint, up to 1g (gram) each.
Arranging a laboratory analysis is very easy and our service includes everything required to carry out this analysis.
- Certified laboratory results in 5 easy steps
- Simply take some paint flakes of the area to be test and post it to the laboratory for expert analysis
- Results available in approx. 10 days
- Bulk buy discounts available
- Ideal for domestic and industrial paint
Once you have ordered on our website, we will send you a kit, which includes clear instructions as well as pre-paid postage label and envelope to send the sample for laboratory analysis. Results will be available approx. within 10 days.
Detection Level: 1-40 mg/kg
Suitable for: Dried Paint flakes
Results: The test measures lead in very small increments of mg/kg (milligram/kilogram)
The kit for laboratory analysis contains:
- Clear step-by-step instructions on how to collect the sample(s),
- Sample bags to take a sample of approx. 1 g each,
- Pre-paid return packaging,
- Analysis by an accredited laboratory.
Results will be sent per Email (to the Email address used in the order) in approx. 10 days of posting the water sample.
- We require a full sample to be able to perform the tests. Refunds will not be offered where minimum volume of the sample requirements are not met.
- If you are planning to have more than 1 sample analysed, then all samples need to be taken and shipped to us for analysis at the same time. If you are planning on taking the samples at different times and/or places, then please place separate orders so that we can supply the correct amount of packaging & pre-paid postage labels.
- Do not mix more than one sample per bag; please ensure one sample bag is used per sample outlet.
- This service is only available for UK customers. If you are looking to place an order from another country, please do contact us.
- Failure to comply with the requirements for sample collection might result in a failed analysis of your sample. We can not refund orders where instructions have not been followed.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).