Heavy Metals Test Kit – presence (1 Test)
£12.99 Inc VAT (£10.83 Ex VAT)
Monitor your body and environment for HEAVY METALS contamination
Heavy Metals tested: Cadmium, Cobalt, Copper, Lead, Manganese, Mercury, Nickel, Zinc
Suitable for: urine, water, breastmilk; to test the subtances which are not in solution, preparation can be made to convert them into solution for testing, this includes dust, dirt, paint, rice, milk, food, dishes, glasses
Sensitivity: presence/absence* (with a colour indication of the type of metal that may be included)
*Presence is shown for levels above 5ppm (mg/l) for cadmium, cobalt, copper, lead, mercury, nickel and zinc. For manganese a presence is shown when level is above 1ppm (mg/l).
Osumex’s Heavy Metals Multi-purpose Test kits test the presence of heavy metals ions to a high degree of accuracy in the body and of a wide range of materials in the environment.
- Easy to use at home kit
- Colour results have been validated by Kemetco Research Inc. based in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada – 2008
- Inexpensive, preliminary determination of the presence of heavy metals
- Suitable to test a wide range of fluids, including water, urine & saliva, as well as foods fluids from food products etc
The Heavy Metals Test – General kit was developed for Osumex as a simple to use at home test kit for a preliminary determination of the presence of an identified range of heavy metals.
This test kit utilises chemical reagents to show the presence of heavy metals. The free metal ions of the heavy metals, if present, stimulate a colour change to the reagents. Accordingly, the more metal ions are present, the stronger the resultant colour change.
The HMT General kit can be used for various tests such as:
– Mercury leaked from amalgam dental fillings – use saliva
– Heavy metals in the body – use urine (but it will not show mercury because the presence of any other metal will “mask” it)
– Mercury in fish – use juice from cooking a chunk of the fish in a microwave
– Heavy metals in water such as tap, well, ground, etc
– Mercury in breast milk
– Heavy metals in environmental solids by liquidizing or soaking the item in distilled water for 24 hours, then filter, prior to testing
– Heavy metals in herbs or medication by soaking the item in distilled water for 24 hours, then filter, prior to testing
- Colour chart and instructions sheet
- Test tube with special white cap
- 1 Vial containing clear test solution
- 1 Pipetter/dropper
Content: Each unit contains one test.
The result of the test comes in the form of a band or ring just below the surface of the combined solutions or in some cases the entire mixed solutions change colour
Very often where there is more than one metal present, “masking” of the result occurs. A grey colour may result if the several metals are present at the same low concentration.
Below is the colour strip to compare results obtained to:
Legend: Mn – Manganese; Ni – Nickel; Cu – Copper; Hg – Mercury; Cd – Cadmium; Co – Cobalt; Pb – Lead; Zn – Zinc;
A green colour indicates no heavy metals present
A grey colour indicates a combination of several heavy metals present at the same low concentration
A yellow green to olive green indicates the presence of manganese and or nickel
A yellow to beige colour indicates the presence of copper
An orange colour indicates the presence of mercury and this is usually seen only where no masking by other metals can occur such as in saliva and often breast milk.
A brownish orange to coral colour indicates the presence of cadmium and or cobalt
A brownish pink or rust pink colour indicates the presence of lead
A strong pink colour indicates the presence of zinc
A strong colour is indicative of the presence of the metal indicated to at least 5 ppm (ppm = parts per million).
The colour results were validated by Kemetco Research Inc. based in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada – 2008
The chemicals used in the reagents are bio-degradable and do not further contaminate the environment, especially if disposed off properly after use.
– For a more accurate result, the pH of the sample solution to be tested should be at least 5.0.
– To test certain items like dishes/glass/dust/dirt/paint/rice/milk/food etc a small amount of distilled water is also required which can easily purchased.
– Straining the liquid to be tested would be a good idea to achieve a clear colour change and for an easier reading. Solids such as food, supplements, raw fish, etc. can be tested after it has been soaked in distilled water for 24 hours or treated. For example, to test raw fish, place it in a microwave and heat for about 20 seconds to extract juices from it. The juice from the fish can be tested for the presence of heavy metals ions.
– It is advisable for any person considering undertaking a body heavy metals kit to check the suitability of the test first with a health practitioner or doctor before use.
– For patients/human testing: various medications or supplements may have an impact on the results, this may include drugs for high blood pressure, intake of Vitamin C, iron & trace supplements, intake of liquids. It is recommended to stop or limit the intake of these a few days before the test.
The information on this site is provided for general educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace competent health care advice received from a knowledgeable healthcare professional. You are urged to seek healthcare advice for the treatment of any illness or disease. This is a qualitative presence/absence test. The colours on the card are intended to be a guide for test interpretation only. The test is not designed to give exact values for the concentration of lead.
Please note, this test kit is not suitable for testing alcohol, strong alkalis, highly alkaline or acidic solutions, like washing powders, battery liquids or acids of any kind.
The most common heavy metals implicated in acute and/or chronic conditions include lead, arsenic, and mercury. Other individual tests available include aluminium, arsenic, cadmium, chlorine, chrome, cobalt, copper, iron, lead, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, silver, tin, heavy metals. Please contact us for further information.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. Please keep out of reach of children and pets. Wash hands before and after use. The contents of the kit should not come in contact with food or consumables. Once the test has been completed, dispose of it responsibly.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
Quick Test Kit for Silver (Ag) (1 test)£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Watersafe Water Lead Test Kit WS-207 (Double)£29.98 Inc VAT (£24.98 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Quick Test Kit for Chromium (1 test)£26.99 Inc VAT (£22.49 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Copper Water Test (Laboratory Test)£62.99 Inc VAT (£52.49 Ex VAT) Add to basket