Quick Test Kit for Mercury (Hg) (1 test)
£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT)
Mercury or “quicksilver,” is a shiny liquid metal that is a widespread environmental contaminant. The levels of mercury in our bodies have increased recently because of its greater use. Mercury is employed daily by medical and dental practices in thermometers, drugs and amalgam for fillings. It is also present in fungicides and pesticides and in some cosmetics. Mercury from industrial waste has contaminated water widely, and hence the plants and fish therein.
This multi-purpose test kit tests not only the presence or absence but also gives an indication of the amount in parts per million (ppm) in water, the body and a wide range of materials.
Mercury is widely used in industry, agriculture and healthcare, and sources can include fungicides and pesticides (ie. methyl mercury), cosmetics, dental fillings, medicines, coal burning releases mercury, fish (through pollution of water), mirrors, latex paints, fabric softeners, felt, floor waxes and polishes, sewage sludge etc.
The UK maximum contaminant level for Aluminium in tap water set by DWI/DEFRA is 1.0µg/l.
Effects of Mercury: An average body may contain about 10-15 mg of mercury. This comes daily from our food, air, and water. Some mercury is retained in body tissues, mainly in the kidneys who store about 50 percent of the body’s mercury. Blood, bones, liver, spleen, brain and fat tissue may also hold mercury. This potentially toxic metal does get into the brain and nerve tissue, so central nervous system symptoms may develop. Mercury is eliminated daily through the urine and faeces. Urine levels would show whether the body is actively working to eliminate it.
Mercury can have the following effects (simplified) on the body:
- Disruption of the nervous system.
- Damage to brain functions – degradation of learning abilities, personality changes, tremors, vision changes, deafness, muscle incoordination and memory loss.
- DNA and chromosonal damage – chromosonal damage is known to cause mongolism.
- Allergic reactions resulting in skin rashes, tiredness and headaches.
- Disrupting reproductive functions such as sperm damage, birth defects and miscarriages. Mercury can also get into a growing fetus and into breast milk.
Mercury is a toxic heavy metal and concentration levels should ideally be around zero. Acceptable levels of mercury may be between 0.02 – 0.03 ppm, depending on what was analysed. Readings above 0.05 ppm should be cause for concern.
This non-invasive mercury test helps detect harmful activities within the body through urine.
Suitable for: urine, water; to test the substances which are not in solution, preparation can be made to convert them into solution for testing, this includes dust, dirt, paint, rice, milk, food, dishes, glasses
(To test saliva, dirt, soil, rice, paint, food, plants etc contact us to obtain details on how to prepare the specimen solution.)
Sensitivity: 0, 0.025, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.8, 1.5, 2.0 ppm
The Mercury Test Kit contains an easy-to-read colourchart:
Sensitivity: 0, 0.025, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.8, 1.5, 2.0 ppm
This test kit is a non-invasive urine testing kit. It is also suitable to test any other reasonably clear solutions where appropriate to do so. It is simple to use at home with full instructions given. It is recommended to read the instructions first before starting the test.
It is recommended to use saliva only if the user wishes to test for mercury or other metals that may be leaking from any amalgam dental fillings. Otherwise, to test for heavy metals in the body, the user should use urine as the sample solution to be tested.
- 1 Colour strip on box of the kit
- 1 Test instruction sheet
- 1 Large test tube
- 1 vial with clear cap – reagent 1
- 1 vial with blue cap – reagent 2
- 1 vial with reddish brown substance – reagent 3 (note: substance is stuck to wall of vial)
Content: Each unit contains one test.
Storage: This test kit should be stored in a cool place , ideally 12C to 20C. Please keep out of reach of children and pets. Wash hands before and after use. The contents of the kit should not come in contact with food or consumables. Once the test has been completed, dispose of it responsibly.
Heavy metals can be implicated in a range of acute and chronic conditions. Other individual tests available include arsenic, aluminium, cadmium, chlorine, chromium, cobalt, copper, iron, lead, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, silver, tin, heavy metals. Please contact us for further information.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. Please keep out of reach of children and pets. Wash hands before and after use. The contents of the kit should not come in contact with food or consumables. Once the test has been completed, dispose of it responsibly.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
Quick Test Kit for Arsenic 0-1ppm (1 test)£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Water Manganese Check 0.02-1.6ppm (24 tests)£27.98 Inc VAT (£23.32 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Heavy Metals 10-in-1 (Laboratory Test)£99.99 Inc VAT (£83.33 Ex VAT) Add to basket
SimplexHealth Copper Test Strips 0-2ppm (25 strips)
£14.99Inc VAT (£11.66 Ex VAT) Add to basket