Rapid Legionella Test (1 test)
£64.99 Inc VAT (£54.16 Ex VAT)
Bulk Order Discount (Unit Price)
|1 - 2||£64.99|
|3 - 9||£63.09|
Reliable self testing for Legionella
Legionella is a bacteria, which can cause a pneumonia-like disease called “Legionnaires’ Disease”. Legionnaires’ Disease is fatal in approximately 20% of people infected. Infection occurs when the bacteria is inhaled from aerosols of contaminated water. Aerosols can be produced anywhere water is splashed or sprayed, but some of the most common sources associated with Legionnaires’ Disease are cooling towers and showers.
Breakthrough technology for the rapid detection of legionella – Get accurate on-site results in 35 minutes
This innovative test kit allows the easy and quick testing of water; on-site and without training or experience.
- Highly sensitive test
- Fast & On-site
- Kit includes everything required to carry out the test
- Reliable & independent
- Audit trail: log & report the results using the Hydrosense App
- No training or expertise required
- Because of its high sensitivity, it is recommended for higher risk industries and applications such as healthcare, hospitality, cooling towers, spa pools and others
How does the test work?
The Hydrosense test detects Legionella antigen using the well-established lateral flow test technology. The same technology is used in many medical tests. The test works just like a pregnancy test except it detects LpSG1 antigen. It works by attaching colour indicators to Legionella antibodies printed on a cellulose strip. This type of test is a specific type of lateral flow test.
What is a Lateral flow test: (LFT) technology has been in medicine for more than 30 years and is a standard type of test for hundreds of different uses: medical, environmental, food, beverage, veterinary and drug detection, amongst others.
Does it test for all Legionella bacteria? The test detects Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 (LpSG1). With filtration step, the sensitivity of the water test is 100 CFU/L. The test detects Viable-But-Non-Culturable Bacteria and Legionella SG1 in all stages of its life-cycle.
Hydrosense App – Download the free reader app to store the results to provide an audit trail:
- Log and report your results with the Smartphone Reader, and get independent verification with the Hydrosense portal.
- The App makes it easier to read the test accurately. It provides a user with a semi-quantified result by returning a score of “0” for no Legionella detected, or a Hazard Index of “1-10” depending on the concentration of the Legionella found.
- Data collected by the App is automatically synchronised with the Portal. This real-time integration ensures that a track record is kept of all results and helps to identify future trends.
Suitable for: water collected from any source, industrial as well as domestic hot and cold water systems, including tap, shower, cooling tower, hot tub & pool, humidifier etc. Also suitable to test salt/sea water as long as the water contains normal amounts of salt.
Manual filtration enhances sensitivity
Bacteria detected: Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1
Sample Volume: 250 ml
Sensitivity: 100 cfu/l (0.2cfu/ml)
Contains: 1 Test
Total test time: approx. 35 minutes (about 10 minutes for filtering and 25 minute for the results to develop)
Shelf Life: usually 18 months from date of manufacture
MSDS only required for buffer solution. Please contact us to find out more.
Specificity: Tested against a wide range of waterborne bacteria, including Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, Aeromonas hydrophila subsp. hydrophila, Bacillus subtilis, Burkholderia cepacia, Citrobacter freudii, Citrobacter koseri, Escherichia coli, Enterobacter cloacae, Klebsiella oxytoca, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Pseudomonas putida, Pseudomonas stutzeri, Ralstonia pickettii, Raoultella terrigena, Streptococcus pyrogenes, Yersinia ruckeri.
No cross reactions have been observed at concentrations ≤ 109 CFU/L. Staphylococcus aureus has been observed to cross-react with the test at concentrations > 108 CFU/L, which is higher than found in most water samples.
- Organism / ≥cfu/mL: L.p Sg-2,3,8,11,13,14 / 1.00E+08; L.p. Sg-4,5,6,7,9,10,15 / 1.00E+07; L.p. Sg-12 / 8.00E+06; S.aureus / 2.00E+08
The Hydrosense legionella pneumophila Sg-1 test has been shown to produce weak positive results with other legionella pneumophila serogroups at the cfu/ml stated in the above list.
Biocides: The product has been tested with a range of common biocides and biodispersants used in Legionella control, at their normal maximum operating concentration. Active ingredients tested include: glutaraldehyde, dodecyl-dimethyl-ammonium chloride, isolthazoles, dibromonitrilopropionamide, ionic and non-ionic surfactants.
The Test gives a false positive if used with polymeric biguanide or THPS. It should not be used to test such systems.
Legionella Test Kits are also available as:
- 5-pack Swab tests or 1-pack Swab test for detecting Legionella in Biofilms, like surface of water tanks, shower heads, air conditioning units; Sensitivity: 200 cfu per swabbed area
- To view an overview of the full range click here
Please contact us with your requirements for a detailed quote.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Wash hands before and after use. Store in a cool, dry place at room temperature 18-22°C and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. Do not freeze. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids. Dispose of used tests responsibly.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).