Easy Coliform Bacteria Water Test (2 tests)
£15.99 Inc VAT (£13.33 Ex VAT)
Bulk Order Discount (Unit Price)
|2 - 4||£15.19|
|5 - 9||£14.39|
This easy and quick water bacteria test, can be used to check the presence of coliform bacteria. Coliform bacteria are a commonly used indicator of the sanitary quality of water. Some examples of coliform bacteria include E.coli, Serratia, Enterobacter, Citrobacter, Hafnia, Yersinia and Klebsiella.
- Easy to use
- Low detection level
- Ideal for on-site and field testing
- Ideal to test drinking water for bacteria
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from tanks, taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds as well as rain water
Bacterial contamination may not be detected by taste, smell or sight. Floods, human or animal waste, like insects, rodents or animals entering a well can be a cause for bacteria. Public water supplies should be regularly tested, but contamination can also happen in the home, ie. in water tanks or bad plumbing. Private water supplies, like wells or springs, should be tested regularly.
Contaminated water may not smell or taste bad, but the presence of even small amounts of some kinds of bacteria can cause anything from upset stomachs to hospital visits. Some waterborne bacteria can even be fatal! Test your water for harmful bacteria with our simple do-it-yourself kit. The bacteria test kit detects total coliform (which is faecal bacteria for the most part), and is a presence/absence test of 5 cfu/ml.
A positive result indicates that your water may be contaminated with bacteria that can be harmful to your health or cause disease. It is strongly recommended to investigate this further and avoid consuming the water during that time.
Each kit contains: 2 bacteria tests, instructions for use
Sensitivity: 5 cfu/ml
Indicator: Presence / Absence
Test time: 48 hours
How to use (please refer to product for detailed instructions):
- Fill bottle with 30ml of water and securely recap bottle.
- Shake the bottle until all media is dissolved.
- Leave undisturbed and away from direct sunlight for 48 hours at room temperature 20-32°C.
- After 48 hours, check sample colour:
- a. purple = negative for coliforms;
- b. yellow = positive, coliform bacteria were detected, consider water unsafe.
- Dispose of water sample safely
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance on test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Store in a cool, dry (15-27°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Wash hands thoroughly before and after use. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of media with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids. Dispose of used tests responsibly. Please read detailed instructions fully before use.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
You may also like…
SimplexHealth Water Quality Test Kit 10-in-One£26.99 Inc VAT (£22.49 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Coliform/ E.coli (Lab Test)£41.99 Inc VAT (£34.99 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Watersafe Coliform Bacteria Test WS-831 (1 test)£14.99 Inc VAT (£12.49 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Coliform Bacteria Water Test with E.coli detection (1 test)£11.99 Inc VAT (£9.99 Ex VAT) Add to basket