Watersafe Coliform Bacteria Test WS-831 (1 test)
£14.99 Inc VAT (£12.49 Ex VAT)
Bulk Order Discount (Unit Price)
|1 - 2||£14.99|
|3 - 4||£13.49|
Contaminated water may not smell or taste bad, but the presence of even small amounts of some kinds of bacteria can cause anything from upset stomachs to hospital visits. Some waterborne bacteria can even be deadly! Don’t risk it for your family. Test your water for harmful bacteria with our simple do-it-yourself kit.
Contains one EPA-based Coliform Bacteria* test for your home tap water, detailed instructions and comparison table.
The bacteria test is testing for total coliform bacteria. Some examples of coliform bacteria include E.coli, serratia, enterobacter, ctirobacter and klebsiella. The Drinking Water bacteria test is a Presence-Absence Test, which is used by water agencies around the world as the primary determinant of bacteriological water safety. References to this testing method go back to at least the 1930’s [Weiss and Hunter. 1939. J. Am. Water Works Assoc. 31:707].
- Easy to use
- Low detection level
- Ideal for on-site and field testing
- Suitable to test drinking water for bacteria due to its low detection level
(EPA = Environmental Protection Agency, USA)
*The presence of bacteria in drinking water is usually the result of a problem with your region’s water-treatment plant or private well. A positive result indicates that your water may be contaminated with bacteria that can be harmful to your health or cause disease.
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from tanks taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds as well as rain water
Contains: one bacteria test vial, detailed instructions
Total Test Time: 48 hours
- Take out the bacteria test vial and set upright on a flat surface.
- Collect water sample or turn on tap to a very slow stream.
- Carefully twist off cap and fill vial to 5 ml line.
- DO NOT OVERFILL and DO NOT SPILL the bacterial growth powder in the vial.
- Replace cap and twist on tightly. Shake the vial vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Place the capped vial upright in a warm area (70-90°F / 21-32°C) where it cannot be disturbed for 48 hrs.
- After 48 hrs., observe the color of the liquid without opening the vial:
Purple color: Negative Result (No bacteria were detected).
Yellow Color: Positive Result (It is highly likely that potentially harmful bacteria were detected).
For positive results, add bleach to the sample before pouring down the toilet, then wash hands carefully. Negative samples may be poured directly into the toilet. Discard vial in the trash.
If your water tests outside the desired values, call your water supplier immediately.
Please note: The instructions describe that the test should be kept at 70-90°F – this relates to 21-32°C.
- Keep tests out of reach of children or pets. Do not ingest anything from this test kit. Do not drink water sample used for testing.
- Store and use at room temperature (60-86°F / 16-30°C).
- Do not use on hot water or water containing bleach detergents. Do not re-use any part of the test kit.
- Do not open packets or vial until you are ready to perform the test.
- Read and follow all instructions carefully before starting the test.
Please note: Store in a cool, dry place (below 15-27°C) and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids. Please read detailed instructions fully before use.
Please note: that Watersafe® is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. Watersafe® provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Wash hands before and after use. Store in a cool, dry (below 32°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids. Dispose of used tests responsibly.
Made in USA
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).