Coliform/ E.coli (Lab Test)
£41.99 Inc VAT (£34.99 Ex VAT)
Bulk Order Discount (Unit Price)
|2 - 7||£31.20|
This laboratory test will check your water sample for the presence of Coliform bacteria with E.coli detection.
Potable water is water that is safe enough to be consumed by humans and other animals and is also known as drinking water.
- E.coli and Coliform Analysis: Tests for coliform bacteria and Escherichia coli (E.coli) are the most important routine microbiological examinations carried out on drinking water. These tests provide a sensitive means for detecting faecal contamination, for assessing raw water quality, the effectiveness of water treatment and disinfection, and for monitoring the quality of potable water in distribution.
Arranging a laboratory analysis is very easy and our service includes everything required to carry out this analysis.
Once you have ordered on our website, we will send you a water sample bottle, clear instructions as well as pre-paid postage label and postage box to send the sample for laboratory analysis. Results will be available within 10 days of posting the water sample.
- Certified laboratory results in 5 easy steps
- Simply collect the water sample and post it to our UKAS accredited laboratory for expert analysis
- UKAS water testing covers Coliforms, E.coli
- Results available within 10 days after posting the water sample
- Bulk buy discounts available
- Ideal for home & business use including the sports and leisure industry, private water supplies (bore holes, springs, wells), hotels, care homes, healthcare premises, eduction sector, farm premises and property management
Bacterial contamination may not be detected by taste, smell or sight. Floods, human or animal waste, like insects, rodents or animals entering a well can be a cause for bacteria. In the UK, the Water Supply Regulations 2010 (set by the Drinking Water Inspectorate), advises the parameters which are required for the standard of drinking water.
Systems which should regularly be sampled for E.coli: care homes (every 6 months), Healthcare premises (every 6 months), larger buildings operating to BS8558 (every 6 months), bore holes / wells / private springs (every 6 months), poultry / broiler farm drinking lines.
A positive result indicates that your water may be contaminated with bacteria that can be harmful to your health or cause disease. It is strongly recommended to investigate this further and avoid consuming the water during that time.
Suitable for: Potable water analysis as well as fresh water samples, including water from tanks, taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, as well as rain water.
The kit for laboratory analysis contains:
- Clear step-by-step instructions on how to collect the water sample(s),
- Sample pots to take water sample of 500ml,
- Ice-packs which are to be frozen the day before the sample is taken and shipped to us with the sample,
- Insulated & pre-paid return packaging,
- Analysis by a UKAS accredited laboratory.
How to use: Once you have ordered on our website, we will send you a water sample bottle, clear instructions as well as pre-paid postage label and postage box to send the sample for laboratory analysis. Results will be sent per Email (to the Email address used in the order) within 10 days of posting the water sample.
- We include a special pre-paid courier collection pack with your order. This needs to be booked in and posted same day as sampling.
- To ensure the sample meets UKAS accreditation, you should*:
- Freeze enclosed gel packs overnight and place in insulated box
- Sample in the morning and book a courier for same day collection.
*If this is not possible, please contact us. Otherwise we might not be able to analyse your sample.
- We require a full water sample to be able to perform the tests. Refunds will not be offered where minimum volume of the sample requirements are not met.
- Water samples must be taken in the morning and booked for collection by 10:00* (they need to be posted the same day they have been sampled to arrive within 24 hours to ensure accuracy of the results). Any results received outside of the specified holding time will receive a comment on the report to state the results could be compromised. Samples can be taken and posted Monday to Thursday. Please contact us for Friday collections, there might be an additional charge. (For customers from outer Hebrides, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man and Cornwall: please book collections the day before you plan to take the sample and ensure samples are ready for collection by 10:30am; 24 hour delivery for timely analysis is not guaranteed by the courier, therefore a refund or free resend of sample bottles in case of late delivery of samples to the lab can not be promised).
- If you are planning to have more than 1 sample analysed, then all samples need to be taken and shipped to us for analysis at the same time. If you are planning on taking the samples at different times and/or places, then please place separate orders so that we can supply the correct amount of insulated packaging and pre-paid postage labels.
- This product requires insulated packaging to prevent the bacterial levels from changing in the post, the insulated packaging is therefore mandatory. The insulated packaging also includes ice-packs which need to be frozen the day before the sample is taken and shipped to us with the sample. The ice-pack is required for the bacterial analysis, except for Legionella where it is only required if the outside temperature is above 20°C.
- Do not mix more than one sample per bottle; please ensure one sample bottle is used per sample outlet.
- This service is only available for UK customers at the moment. If you are looking to place an order from another country, please do contact us.
- Failure to comply with the requirements for sample collection might result in a failed analysis of your water sample. We can not refund orders where instructions have not been followed.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).