Hydrosense Pro Ultra Rapid Legionella Water Test (1 test) – 100CFU/L
£79.99 Inc VAT (£66.66 Ex VAT)
The Hydrosense Pro Ultra is the next generation in Legionella detection
The Hydrosense Pro Ultra is the next generation in Legionella detection – reliable and rapid self testing for Legionella in approx 35 minutes. The Hydrosense Pro tests for all Legionella pneumophila serogroups 1-15.
Using cutting-edge LFICA technology, the Hydrosense PRO detects serogroups 1-15 with unmatched speed & accuracy:
- Improved Public Health Measures: Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 is most often linked with human diseases, but serogroups 2-15 also play an important role in global health issues. So, testing for all serogroups is important for accurate epidemiological data and the formulation of effective public health strategies.
- Preventing Outbreaks: Testing all serogroups of Legionella pneumophila found in various water systems allows for the early identification and elimination of the bacterium, thereby preventing possible outbreaks.
- Comprehensive Risk Assessment: Detecting all 1-15 serogroups of Legionella pneumophila allows for a comprehensive understanding of the presence and distribution of this bacterium in any environment.
The Hydrosense PRO detects all Legionella pneumophila serogroups 1-15 and uses a unique filtration step together with the well-established Lateral Flow Immunochromatogrhic Assay (LFICA) technology (same technology used in Covid and pregnancy tests). In a remarkable innovation, the test is a three-line test which isolates the bacteria and distinctly identifies the presence of serogroup 1 on one test line and 2-15 on another, providing key information instantly to the user.
The Hydrosense PRO is highly sensitive and can detect Legionella levels of 100 CFU/L (0.1 CFU/ml). It also provides action levels at 1,000 CFU/L (1 CFU/ml) and 10,000 CFU/L (10 CFU/ml)*.
Breakthrough technology from Hydrosense for the rapid detection of legionella – Get accurate on-site results in approx. 35 minutes
This innovative test kit allows the easy and quick testing of water; on-site and without training or experience.
- Highly sensitive test, water can be collected from any source
- Highly accurate and recommended for high-risk areas such as cooling towers, water tanks, fountains, showers, sinks, spas and pools.
- Fast & on-site
- Kit includes everything required to carry out the test
- Reliable & independent
- No training or expertise required
How does the test work?
- Prepare the water sample for testing using the equipment supplied (approx 10 minutes)
- Wait 25 minutes
- Read result
(Please note, the PRO ULTRA product can currently not be used with the Hydrosense App.)
Suitable for: water collected from any source, industrial as well as domestic hot and cold water systems, including tap, shower, cooling tower, hot tub & pool, humidifier etc. Also suitable to test salt/sea water as long as the water contains normal amounts of salt.
Manual filtration enhances sensitivity.
Bacteria detected: Detects Legionella pneumophila serogroups 1-15
Sample Volume: 250 ml
Sensitivity: The test is highly sensitive and can detect Legionella levels of 100 CFU/L (0.1 CFU/ml).
It also provides action levels at 1,000 CFU/L (1 CFU/ml) and 10,000 CFU/L (10 CFU/ml)*
Contains: 1 Test
Total test time: approx. 25 minutes plus 10 minutes preparation
User instructions in English, French, Spanish, Italian & German.
Shelf Life: approx. 12 months from date of manufacture
* Contact us to find out more and to order.
Please contact us for bulk orders and if you would like to set up regular testing. We can provide you with a customised quote.
MSDS only required for buffer solution. Please contact us to find out more.
Specificity: Tested against a wide range of waterborne bacteria, including Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, Aeromonas hydrophila subsp. hydrophila, Bacillus subtilis, Burkholderia cepacia, Citrobacter freudii, Citrobacter koseri, Escherichia coli, Enterobacter cloacae, Klebsiella oxytoca, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Pseudomonas putida, Pseudomonas stutzeri, Ralstonia pickettii, Raoultella terrigena, Streptococcus pyrogenes, Yersinia ruckeri.
No cross reactions have been observed at concentrations ≤ 109 CFU/L. Staphylococcus aureus has been observed to cross-react with the test at concentrations > 108 CFU/L, which is higher than found in most water samples.
- Organism / ≥cfu/mL: L.p Sg-2,3,8,11,13,14 / 1.00E+08; L.p. Sg-4,5,6,7,9,10,15 / 1.00E+07; L.p. Sg-12 / 8.00E+06; S.aureus / 2.00E+08
The Hydrosense legionella pneumophila Sg-1 test has been shown to produce weak positive results with other legionella pneumophila serogroups at the cfu/ml stated in the above list. The Sg2-15 line will show weak positive results with L. pneumophila Sg-1 at levels > 1x 10e7 cfu/ml.
Biocides: The product has been tested with a range of common biocides and biodispersants used in Legionella control, at their normal maximum operating concentration. Active ingredients tested include: glutaraldehyde, dodecyl-dimethyl-ammonium chloride, isolthazoles, dibromonitrilopropionamide, ionic and non-ionic surfactants.
The Test gives a false positive if used with polymeric biguanide or THPS. It should not be used to test such systems.
To see the full range of Hydrosense Legionella tests: click here.
Please contact us with your requirements for a detailed quote.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Wash hands before and after use. Store in a cool, dry place at room temperature 18-22°C and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. Do not freeze. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids. Dispose of used tests responsibly. Not intended to diagnose, treat or monitor any medical condition.
MPN: HydroSingle 500500
Hydrosense Legionella Water Test Kits offer very sensitive detection limits of 100 CFU/L for the water test and 200 CFU per swabbed area for the swab test. A perfect choice for high-risk industries or in countries where there are stricter Legionella action levels.--> Click here to compare the Hydrosense products.
Hydrosense ONE Ultra Legionella Water Test: This test can be used on water samples from any source to detect Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 (LpSG1). The unique Hydrosense filter, included in the kit, captures any Legionella present in the sample as the water is pushed through it. This is then extracted from the filter into a solution which is dropped onto the test strip.Hydrosense Pro Ultra Rapid Legionella Water Test. Reliable and rapid self testing of water samples from any source. This new product is just as easy-to-use and accurate as the ONE Ultra but now detects all Legionella pneumophila serogroups 1-15.
Hydrosense ONE Ultra Legionella Swab Test: Biofilms are the slimy substance that can be found inside pipework or on surfaces like shower heads, water tanks or pools. If Legionella is present, there is a strong chance it will reside in biofilm. This test kit will quickly and easily sample this substance for the bacteria to detect Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 (LpSG1).
Hydrosense ONE Ultra Legionella Industrial Kit: If there is a need to repeat test a single water outlet in high-risk areas like commercial, healthcare and hospitality buildings with large water systems, this test kit would be the ideal choice. The test detects Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 (LpSG1). It includes 5 tests for water sampling and the Hydrosense filter technology is delivered using the plumbing fitting adaptor (US 1/2 inch NPT and 3/4 inch BPT fittings). Simply attach the adaptor and leave it in place ready for future testing.Click here to compare the Hydrosense products. Contact us for quantity discounts and further information about Hydrosense
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
- All orders are shipped from United Kingdom (UK)
UK Shipment Options:
- FREE Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Royal Mail 1st Class (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 (1-2 business days): £2.99
- DHL Courier (1-2 business days): £6.98
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
Order by 12 noon for same day despatch. For urgent despatch after 12 noon, please call us on 01933 664746.
European Union (EU) Shipment Options:
- European International Shipping (5 – 10 Days) and from only £0.98.
- International Tracked from £6.93
- All orders to Europe are shipped including VAT so no duty or VAT to pay to customs
Please feel free to contact us for more information about international shipping before placing an order.
Rest of Europe, Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 20 Days) from £0.80 (can vary due to exchange rates)
- International orders outside the European Union and Great Britain are sent excluding VAT. Local VAT as well as potential import/duty fees are charged by local customs on point of import. Customs fees vary depending on product, however most of our products (ie water test kits) are duty free (0%). Please feel free to contact us for more information (ie HS Code) before placing an order.
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Royal Mail 1st Class (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail tracked service, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- DHL Courier (1-2 business days) – This express service is usually a next working day delivery (depending on location). Being a fully tracked service, you will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up 2 weeks (depending on the destination country), however for Europe delivery times are aprox 5-7 days.
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
I have not received my order what do I do?
If you have not received your goods after 14 working days, then please contact us and we will chase your delivery. The quickest way is to contact the team by email (quoting your order number and contact details) or call us on +44 (0) 1933 664746 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5.00pm). It is out of our control if delivery gets delayed due to postal strikes or natural disasters, however we will do our best to help solve any problems with lost items.
Returning an item
We want you to be happy with your purchase but understand that sometimes you may need to exchange or return an item. Follow our returns procedure if you would like to return a faulty, damaged, duplicate, incorrect or unwanted item. This can be viewed here or under Returns at the bottom of the screen.