Quick Test Kit for Arsenic 0-1ppm (1 test)
£26.99 Inc VAT (£22.49 Ex VAT)
Tests the presence of ions of Arsenic to a high degree of accuracy to detect contamination in water, the body and on a wide range of materials in your environment.
Suitable for: urine, water; to test the subtances which are not in solution, preparation can be made to convert them into solution for testing, this includes dust, dirt, paint, rice, milk, food, dishes, glasses
This non-invasive Arsenic Testing Kit helps detect harmful activities within the body through urine instead of blood.
Sources for Arsenic:
- Arsenic is present in small amounts in soil and therefore is present in our food. It is also in the ocean, which transfers to seafood, especially the filtering mollusks, such as clams and oysters. Some arsenic may be present as a contaminant in meats as well.
- Arsenic is also found in many fuel oils and coal, and hence it is added to the environment when these are burned. Weed killers and some insecticides (particularly lead-arsenate sprays) are the main sources of arsenic contamination. This is responsible for a twentyfold increase in the level of arsenic found in humans.
The UK maximum contaminant level for Arsenic in tap water set by DWI/DEFRA is 10µg/l (= 0.01mg/l).
Effects of Arsenic:
- Toxis effects of arsenic contamination can be poisonous, ingestion of arsenic can be dangerous and lead to illness and in some cases be fatal. Possible effects of arsenic toxicity include hair loss, dermatitis, diarrhoea and other gastrointestinal symptoms, fatigue, headaches, confusion, muscle pains, red and white blood cell problems, neurologic symptoms, and liver and kidney damage. Acute arsenic exposure may cause a rapid series of symptoms. Arsine gas exposure is very toxic to the lungs and kidneys and is often fatal. Death from low-level, chronic arsenic exposure has the appearance of death from natural causes.
The Arsenic Test Kit contains an easy-to-read colourchart:
Sensitivity: 0, 0.01, 0.025, 0.05, 0.1, 0.25, 0.5, 1.0 ppm (mg/l)
Contents: each unit contains one test, including:
- 1 Colour strip on box of kit
- 1 Test Instruction Sheet
- 1 Large Test-tube
- 1 indicator stick (in the large test-tube cap/cover)
- 1 vial with red cap – reagent 1 (dark solid content) – see note** below
- 1 vial with clear cap – reagent 2 (white powder)
- 1 vial with blue cap – reagent 3
**Note: reagents 1, 2 and 3 contain acid (including hydrochloric acid). Avoid any contact with skin or eyes. Rinse immediately and contact your doctor if contact is made or especially if an eye splash occurs. Please read instructions carefully before use.
Storage: The Arsenic Test kit should be stored in a cool place, ideally 12°C to 20°C.
Heavy metals can be implicated in a range of acute and chronic conditions. Other individual tests available include aluminium, cadmium, chlorine, chrome, cobalt, copper, iron, lead, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, silver, tin, heavy metals. Please view the range on our website or contact us for further information.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. Please keep out of reach of children and pets. Wash hands before and after use. The contents of the kit should not come in contact with food or consumables. Once the test has been completed, dispose of it responsibly.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
SimplexHealth Copper Test Strips 0-2ppm (25 strips)
£14.99Inc VAT (£11.66 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Quick Test Kit for Cobalt (Co), regular 0-1000ppm (1 test)£26.99 Inc VAT (£22.49 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Sensafe Water Mercury Test 0-1000ppb (50 strips)
£19.99Inc VAT (£14.99 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Total Heavy Metal Test Strips (6 strips in Foil)£7.99 Inc VAT (£6.66 Ex VAT) Add to basket