Quick Test Kit for Iron sensitive (Fe) (1 test)
£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT)
Iron is the cheapest and one of the most abundant of all metals. The pure metal is not often encountered in commerce, but is usually alloyed with carbon or other metals. Pure Iron is very reactive chemically, and rapidly corrodes, especially in moist air or at elevated temperatures. Iron is primarily obtained from the minerals hematite (Fe2O3) and magnetite (Fe3O4). Huge amounts of iron are used to make steel, an alloy of iron and carbon.
This multi-purpose test kit tests not only the presence or absence but also gives an indication of the amount in parts per million (ppm) in water, the body and a wide range of materials.
Suitable for: urine, water; to test the substances which are not in solution, preparation can be made to convert them into solution for testing, this includes dust, dirt, paint, rice, milk, food, dishes, glasses
This non-invasive test helps detect harmful activities within the body through urine.
- Iron does not occur in nature in useful metallic form.
- Iron ore is the term applied to a natural iron-bearing mineral in which the content of iron is sufficient to be commercially usable. Metallic iron, from which steel is derived, must be extracted from iron ore.
Potential exposure to iron can happen:
- Thousands of products having various chemical composition, forms, and sizes are made of iron and steel by casting, forging, and rolling processes.
- Good plant sources of iron include dried fruits, whole grains (including wholemeal bread), nuts, green leafy vegetables, seeds and pulses. Other foods rich in iron but which are usually eaten in smaller amounts include soya flour, parsley, watercress, black molasses and edible seaweeds. The use of ironware when cooking foods also contributes to dietary intake.
- Up to 22% of the iron in meat is absorbed, while only 1-8% is absorbed from eggs and plant foods. If the body stores fall, the rate of iron absorption rises. About 40% of the iron in animal foods is in a form called haem iron, while the remainder, and all the iron in plant foods, is in the less well absorbed non-haem form.
Iron Toxicity Symptoms can include:
- Iron cannot be excreted therefore the excess builds to toxic levels in tissues of major organs such as the liver, heart, pituitary, thyroid, pancreas, lungs, and synovium (joints). These overburdened organs cease to function properly and eventually become diseased.
chronic fatigue, arthritic pain in joints, loss of libido (sex drive) or impotence, amenorrhea (premature cessation of menstrual cycle), changes in skin color such as jaundice, bronze or gray-olive colored skin, a tan without being in the sun, redness in the palms of the hands, abdominal pain, weight loss, shortness of breath, chest pain, heart arrhythmia, depression, elevated blood sugar, hypothyroidism, enlargement of spleen, elevated liver enzymes (ALT/AST)
The test kit contains an easy-to-read colourchart:
Sensitivity: 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.05, 0.07, 0.1, 0.15, 0.2, 0.25
This test kit is a non-invasive urine testing kit. It is also suitable to test any other reasonably clear solutions where appropriate to do so. It is simple to use at home with full instructions given. It is recommended to read the instructions first before starting the test.
It is recommended to use saliva only if the user wishes to test for mercury or other metals that may be leaking from any amalgam dental fillings. Otherwise, to test for heavy metals in the body, the user should use urine as the sample solution to be tested.
Contents: 1 Test, including:
- 1 Colour strip on box of the kit
- 1 Test instruction sheet
- 1 Large test tube
- 1 pH strip (multiple use) and pH scale
- 1 vial with yellow cap – regagent 1 (clear solution)
- 1 vial with red cap – reagent 2 (solution) (caution irritant)
- 1 vial with blue cap – reagent 3 (solution) (caution irritant)
Storage: This test kit should be stored in a cool place , ideally 12°C to 20°C.
Related products: Heavy metals can be implicated in a range of acute and chronic conditions. Other individual tests available include arsenic, cadmium, chlorine, chromium, cobalt, copper, iron, lead, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, silver, tin, heavy metals. Please view the range on our website or contact us for further information.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. Please keep out of reach of children and pets. Wash hands before and after use. The contents of the kit should not come in contact with food or consumables. Once the test has been completed, dispose of it responsibly.
|Each kit contains:|
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
Copper Water Test (Laboratory Test)£59.99 Inc VAT (£49.99 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Water Iron Test 0-50ppm (25 strips)£13.99 Inc VAT (£11.66 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Quick Test Kit for Cadmium (Cd) (1 test)£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Heavy Metals Test Kit – presence (1 Test)£11.99 Inc VAT (£9.99 Ex VAT) Add to basket