Legionella Analysis Pool, Spa & Hydropool (Lab Test)
£85.99 Inc VAT (£71.66 Ex VAT)
Bulk Order Discount (Unit Price)
|2 - 3||£82.55|
|4 - 7||£80.06|
|8 - 9||£77.39|
This laboratory test will check your pool/spa/hydropool water for the presence of Legionella.
Swimming Pools and Spas can cause outbreaks of infection. Spas have also been shown to cause serious, potentially fatal Legionnaires’ disease. For these reasons swimming pool testing is required for public pools and recommended for private pools.
- Legionella Analysis: There is a duty of care in the UK to perform routine analysis of water samples for the presence of Legionella, a group of organisms that cause pneumonia like illnesses particularly in those that are elderly or immunocompromised. Specially spa and warm pools, like hydrotherapy pools require Legionella water test every quarter (as well as risk assessments and comprehensive control program).
Arranging a laboratory analysis is very easy and our service includes everything required to carry out this analysis.
Once you have ordered on our website, we will send you a water sample bottle, clear instructions as well as pre-paid postage label and postage box to send the sample for laboratory analysis. Results will be available within 15 days of posting the water sample.
- Certified laboratory results in 5 easy steps
- Simply collect the water sample and post it to our UKAS accredited laboratory for expert analysis
- UKAS water testing covers Legionella
- Results available within 15 days* after posting the water sample
- Bulk buy discounts available
- Ideal for home & business use
*The standard Legionella culture test takes at least 10 days to confirm a negative result, positive results will be reported as soon as observed.
The appropriate guidance document for analysis on pools is published by The Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group (PWTAG). Colder swimming pools usually have a lower microbial population than warm spa pools, however both require regular monitoring. Analysis of Legionella is strongly advised for public pools and spas and pools of higher temperature.
Suitable for: water from pools, swimming pools, plunge pools, spas, hydrotherapy pools, private swimming pools
The kit for laboratory analysis contains:
- Clear step-by-step instructions on how to collect the water sample(s),
- Sample pots to take water sample of 1 litre each,
- Insulated & pre-paid return packaging,
- Analysis by a UKAS accredited laboratory.
How to use: Once you have ordered on our website, we will send you a water sample bottle, clear instructions as well as pre-paid postage label and postage box to send the sample for laboratory analysis. Results will be sent per Email (to the Email address used in the order) within 15 days of posting the water sample.
- We include a special pre-paid courier collection pack with your order. This needs to be booked in and posted same day as sampling.
- To ensure the sample meets UKAS accreditation, you should take the water sample in the morning and book a courier for same day collection*.
*If this is not possible, please contact us. Otherwise we might not be able to analyse your sample.
- We require a full water sample to be able to perform the tests. Refunds will not be offered where minimum volume of the sample requirements are not met.
- Water samples must be taken in the morning booked in for collection by 12:00* (they need to be posted the same day to arrive within 24 hours to ensure the accuracy of results). Any results received outside of the specified holding time will receive a comment on the report to state the results could be compromised. Samples can be taken and posted Monday to Thursday. Please contact us for Friday collections, there might be an additional charge. (*For customers from outer Hebrides, Isle of Wright, Isle of Man and Cornwall: samples should be ready for collection by 10:30am).
- If you are planning to have more than 1 sample analysed, then all samples need to be taken and shipped to us for analysis at the same time. If you are planning on taking the samples at different times and/or places, then please place separate orders so that we can supply the correct amount of insulated packaging and pre-paid postage labels.
- This product requires insulated packaging to prevent the bacterial levels from changing in the post, the insulated packaging is therefore mandatory. The insulated packaging also includes ice-packs which need to be frozen the day before the sample is taken and shipped to us with the sample. For Legionella tests, the ice-pack is required when the outside temperature is above 20°C.
- Do not mix more than one sample per bottle; please ensure one sample bottle is used per sample outlet.
- This service is only available for UK customers at the moment. If you are looking to place an order from another country, please do contact us.
- Failure to comply with the requirements for sample collection might result in a failed analysis of your water sample. We can not refund orders where instructions have not been followed.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).