Bacteria Analysis (4in1) Pool, Spa & Hydropool (Lab Test)
£85.99 Inc VAT (£71.66 Ex VAT)
Bulk Order Discount (Unit Price)
|2 - 3||£82.55|
|4 - 7||£80.06|
|8 - 9||£77.39|
This laboratory test will check your pool/spa/hydropool water for the presence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Coliform bacteria, E.coli detection and Total Viable Count (TVC) at 37°C for 48 hours.
Swimming Pools and Spas can cause outbreaks of infection such as eye and ear infection and gastro-enteritis. For these reasons swimming pool testing is required for public pools and recommended for private pools.
- Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Analysis: Pseudomonas bacteria are common opportunistic pathogens that can thrive in pools and when in contact with immune compromised patients can cause a variety of illnesses. Pseudomonas should therefore not be present in the water systems of places that have regular human contact, such as hospitals and swimming pools. Organisations have a legal obligation to assess the risks from Pseudomonas that may affect their staff or the public, take the appropriate preventative measures and ensure the measures are effective.
- E.coli and Coliform Analysis: Tests for coliform bacteria and Escherichia coli (E. coli) are the most important routine microbiological examinations carried out on water. These tests provide a sensitive means for detecting faecal contamination, the effectiveness of water treatment and disinfection, and for monitoring the quality of water.
- Total Viable Counts (TVCs): The test for Total Viable Count (TVC) is used to determine the presence of microbiological contamination. The test identifies the presence of mesophyllic gram-negative and gram-positive organisms. TVC/Aerobic Colony Count is a basic measure of bacterial activity in a water sample. It is possible to interpret the result to indicate potential poor water hygiene issues.
Spa and warm pools require the additional Legionella water test every quarter as well as risk assessments and comprehensive control program. This is not included in this analysis and can be purchased here.
Arranging a laboratory analysis is very easy and our service includes everything required to carry out this analysis.
Once you have ordered on our website, we will send you a water sample bottle, clear instructions as well as pre-paid postage label and postage box to send the sample for laboratory analysis. Results will be sent per Email (to the Email address used in the order).
- Certified laboratory results in 5 easy steps
- Simply collect the water sample and post it to our UKAS accredited laboratory for expert analysis
- UKAS water testing covers Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, Coliforms, E.coli & TVC
- Results available within 5-6 days after posting the water sample
- Ideal for home & business use
There are two main sources of contamination in pools and spas:
- Microbes washed from the skin of bathers or present in body fluids discharged into the water.
- Environmental organisms growing in the pool, especially on surfaces as biofilm.
The appropriate guidance document for analysis on pools is published by The Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group (PWTAG). Colder swimming pools usually have a lower microbial population than warm spa pools, however both require regular monitoring. Analysis of Legionella is strongly advised for public pools and spas and pools of higher temperature, click here to find out more.
This Bacteria Analysis Pool, Spa & Hydropool includes: Pseudomonas aeruginosa analysis, E.coli / Coliform analysis and Total Viable Count (TVC) at 37°C for 48 hours. Tests should be carried out monthly.
Suitable for: water from pools, swimming pools, plunge pools, spas, hydrotherapy pools, private swimming pools
The kit for laboratory analysis contains:
- Clear step-by-step instructions on how to collect the water sample(s),
- Sample pots to take water sample of 1 litre each,
- Ice-packs which are to be frozen the day before the sample is taken and shipped to us with the sample,
- Insulated & pre-paid return packaging,
- Analysis by a UKAS accredited laboratory.
Each order is shipped with 1x insulated packaging and pre-paid postage label; if you are planning on taking samples at different times/places, then please place separate orders.
How to use: Once you have ordered on our website, we will send you a water sample bottle, clear instructions as well as pre-paid postage label and postage box to send the sample for laboratory analysis. Results will be sent per Email (to the Email address used in the order).
- We require a full water sample to be able to perform the tests. Refunds will not be offered where minimum volume of the sample requirements are not met.
- Water samples must be taken in the morning booked in for collection by 12:00* (they need to be posted the same day to arrive within 24 hours to ensure the accuracy of results). Any results received outside of the specified holding time will receive a comment on the report to state the results could be compromised. Samples can be taken and posted Monday to Thursday. Please contact us for Friday collections, there might be an additional charge. (*For customers from outer Hebrides, Isle of Wright, Isle of Man and Cornwall: samples should be ready for collection by 10:30am).
- Price is based on a single delivery and a single collection. To do multiple tests over multiple dates, please place separate orders so that we can supply the correct amount of insulated packaging and pre-paid postage labels.
- This product requires insulated packaging to prevent the bacterial levels from changing in the post, the insulated packaging is therefore mandatory. The insulated packaging also includes ice-packs which need to be frozen the day before the sample is taken and shipped to us with the sample.
- Do not mix more than one sample per bottle; please ensure one sample bottle is used per sample outlet.
- This service is only available for UK customers at the moment. If you are looking to place an order from another country, please do contact us.
- Failure to comply with the requirements for sample collection might result in a failed analysis of your water sample. We can not refund orders where instructions have not been followed.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).