Universal pH Litmus Paper Roll 3.8 – 5.4 (5 meter)
£5.99 Inc VAT (£4.99 Ex VAT)
A 5 meter roll of specialist high quality pH indicator test paper that provides reliable high accurate pH readings.
- Fast and accurate results
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of water and other liquids
- Ideal for home, office or in the field
- Safe chemistry
Housed in an easy to use plastic wheel, simply tear of a small portion of the strip for testing. The diagnostic paper is for testing alkaline levels & is ideal for a number of uses, including the testing of water. This handy narrow range pH litmus paper roll is an economical & reliable product.
Testing the pH of water is important:
- Very low or very high pH can be an indicator for problems with water quality.
- This is especially the case for water in swimming pools & spas, aquariums and private water supplies. If the pH is too high, then the desinfectant can not work properly. If a pH is too low, then water can be corrosive for metal parts, ie, lead from lead pipes can leach into water or metal parts can be damaged.
This universal litmus paper is ideal to test in small increments pH ranges from 3.8 – 5.4.
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, lakes, rain water as well as aquariums, swimming pools & spas
Contains: 5 metres
Testing Levels: ph: 3.8, 4.1, 4.4, 4.6, 4.8, 5.1, 5.4
How to use:
- To use it for the first time:
- Open the round plastic case (by pulling the bottom half in black plastic) away from the top half (in clear plastic)
- Unwrap the roll of litmus paper and insert it back. Make sure the end of the Litmus paper goes through the slot of the black case.
- Put the clear plastic top back on so that the slot on this one matches the slot on the black bottom.
- The Litmus paper should now easily fit through both slots so that it can be pulled out of the plastic case.
- To test the pH of a liquid:
- simply dip a piece of litmus paper into the liquid until sufficiently covered with liquid, and then compare the colour change to the colour chart to read the pH. Discard the used piece of Litmus paper.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. It provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Store in a cool, dry (below 32°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Do not ingest or expose to acids.
This is not a medicine, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Always consult a trained health professional.
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
- All orders are shipped from United Kingdom (UK)
UK Shipment Options:
- FREE Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Royal Mail 1st Class (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 (1-2 business days): £2.99
- DHL Courier (1-2 business days): £6.98
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
Order by 12 noon for same day despatch. For urgent despatch after 12 noon, please call us on 01933 664746.
European Union (EU) Shipment Options:
- European International Shipping (5 – 10 Days) and from only £0.98.
- International Tracked from £6.93
- All orders to Europe are shipped including VAT so no duty or VAT to pay to customs
Please feel free to contact us for more information about international shipping before placing an order.
Rest of Europe, Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 20 Days) from £0.80 (can vary due to exchange rates)
- International orders outside the European Union and Great Britain are sent excluding VAT. Local VAT as well as potential import/duty fees are charged by local customs on point of import. Customs fees vary depending on product, however most of our products (ie water test kits) are duty free (0%). Please feel free to contact us for more information (ie HS Code) before placing an order.
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Royal Mail 1st Class (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail tracked service, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- DHL Courier (1-2 business days) – This express service is usually a next working day delivery (depending on location). Being a fully tracked service, you will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up 2 weeks (depending on the destination country), however for Europe delivery times are aprox 5-7 days.
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
I have not received my order what do I do?
If you have not received your goods after 14 working days, then please contact us and we will chase your delivery. The quickest way is to contact the team by email (quoting your order number and contact details) or call us on +44 (0) 1933 664746 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5.00pm). It is out of our control if delivery gets delayed due to postal strikes or natural disasters, however we will do our best to help solve any problems with lost items.
Returning an item
We want you to be happy with your purchase but understand that sometimes you may need to exchange or return an item. Follow our returns procedure if you would like to return a faulty, damaged, duplicate, incorrect or unwanted item. This can be viewed here or under Returns at the bottom of the screen.