The pH 4.5-10 test strip is a medium-range strip measuring in steps of 0.5 pH units, containing three pads for enhanced accuracy and results in just seconds. The pH 4.5-10 test strip is ideal for testing slightly acidic to slightly alkaline solutions. Please see notes below regarding how to read the results of a 3-pad test strip.
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Super sensitive and accurate with unique 3 pad design
- Wide range of detection, from pH range of 4.5 – 10.00
- 30 seconds results
- No bleeding, no mess
- Ideal for home, office or in the field
- Safe chemistry
- Fast, accurate pH detection you can trust
- The strips are securely kept in a plastic container, which also has the colour chart on it
Testing the pH of water is important:
- Very low or very high pH can be an indicator for problems with water quality.
- This is especially the case for water in swimming pools & spas, aquariums and private water supplies. If the pH is too high, then the desinfectant can not work properly. If a pH is too low, then water can be corrosive for metal parts, ie, lead from lead pipes can leach into water or metal parts can be damaged.
The pH scale ranges from 4.5 & 10.
Tap water should have a pH of 6.5 to 9.5, rain water can have a pH < 5. Pure water should have a pH of approx 7.
This pH test utilises a unique dual-pad indicator system, which makes the tests very reliable. Both indicators are designed to work in unison, providing a wide range of color development. Additionally, the dual-indicator system makes color matching easier and more reliable since both colors are uniquely different from each other.
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, lakes, rain water as well as aquariums, swimming pools & spas
Contains: 100 strips per case
Testing Levels: pH: 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10
Total Test time: 30 seconds
How to Use:
- Remove one pH 4.5-10 test strip by holding between your index finger and thumb. Do not touch the test pad with your finger.
- Dip the test strip into the solution to be tested so that all three pads are completely immersed.
- Remove the test strip, and shake off any excess liquid.
- Compare to the color chart within 30 seconds. Do not allow the test strip to dry before reading against the color chart.
NOTE: When comparing to the color chart, the closest match of all three is the correct value. Only one or two of the three pads will change for any given acid, and they will read differently in varying lighting conditions (incandescent, fluorescent, sunlight).
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).