Total Heavy Metal Test Strips (5 strips)
£3.99 Inc VAT (£3.33 Ex VAT)
Even though water leaving a water treatment facility may comply with local drinking standards, metals can leach into water from pipres, fittings and fixtures. Toxic effects of heavy metals and heavy metal contamination can be poisonous, ingestion of heavy metal is dangerous and can lead to illness and in some case be fatal. A broad range of concentrations can be measured with this quick water metals check for water quality testing.
Water in lakes, ponds, streams, wells etc can also contain naturally occuring metals.
These tests can determine if your tap water contains heavy metals, including: Iron (ferrous +2), Copper Cu+2, Cobalt Co+2, Zinc Zn+2, Cadmium Cd+2, Nickel Ni+2, Lead Pb+2, Mercury Hg+2 and other +2 valence metals.
Suitable for: water, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, as well as rain water
This test uses a very sensitive non-specific indicator that detects many common metals of concern. Accurate results are obtained quickly, making this metals test kit ideal for water treatment use. Strips are packaged in a plastic container with an easy-to-use, detailed colour chart. This test offers very low detection levels:
- All tap water that passes through a metal pipe will read 20ppb or higher for heavy metals
- Filtered or RO system-purified water should read <10ppb
- Commercially bottled water should read <10ppb
ppb = parts per billion
USEPA regulation recommends levels of Lead <15ppb, Mercury <2ppb, Copper <1000ppb and Cadmium <5ppb.
Accurate results are achieved in under three minutes, this product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required, and the indicator is noncarcinogenic.
Number of tests: 5
Sensitivity: <10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 400, 1000 µg/L (ppb) (Co, Cd, Zn, Cu, etc…)
Total Test time: 2 minutes and 30 seconds
If more than one metal is detected, the values are combined. Please note, that whilst this kit will indicate the level of metals which are present in your water sample, it does not indicate what type of metal it is.
Please note, that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results.
|Each kit contains:|
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
Quick Test Kit for Lead – range (1 test)£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Copper Water Test (Laboratory Test)£59.99 Inc VAT (£49.99 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Quick Test Kit for Mercury (Hg) (1 test)£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Quick Test Kit for Arsenic 0-1ppm (1 test)£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket