Total Hardness Test Strips (5 Strips in Foil)
£5.50 Inc VAT (£4.58 Ex VAT)
SimplexHealth Total Hardness test strips are perfect to test the hardness of your water, to check the performance of your water softener, for service work, classroom demonstrations, or to give to customers instead of an expensive service call. This full range test kit lets you measure hardness on a very wide range of 0ppm to 1000ppm (mg/l).
(ppm = parts per million)
The definition of water hardness is based on the amount of calcium it contains per litre:
- Soft water contains less than 30mg of calcium per litre (less than 30ppm)
- Moderately hard water contains between 30 and 60mg (30 to 60ppm)
- Hard water between 60 and 120mg (60 to 120ppm)
- Very hard water contains more than 120mg of calcium per litre (more than 120ppm)
Total Hardness test strips for water quality offer a wide range of detection and are calibrated to be both accurate and sensitive:
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Low cost and high accuracy
- Test strips are provide in foil with individual colour chart
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of water
- Accurate results are achieved less than one minute
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required
With total hardness water quality test strips you are in control and can find out exactly where your calcium level is before it becomes a problem.
Understanding your Results:
- Hardness greater than 80ppm: Detergents with softening agents are not completely effective in cleaning
- Hardness greater than 120ppm: Some scaling will occur in pipes and appliances
- Hardness greater than 250ppm: Dishwasher impossible to use without producing film on dishes
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, as well as rain water
How to Use:
- Dip one strip into a water sample for 3 seconds.
- Remove and immediately match to the colour chart. Complete colour matching within 1 minute.
Contains: 5 strips in foil with colour chart printed on each foil
Sensitivity: 0, 40, 80, 120, 180, 250, 425, 1000 ppm (mg/l) or 0, 2, 5, 7, 11, 15, 25, 58 gpg
Total Test time: 3 seconds
Measurement as Calcium Carbonate CaCO3.
General description: For semi-quantitative determinations. Detection method: colorimetric. Fast, simply dip and read indicator paper. Consists of a plastic strip with attached sealed test paper. Compare colour change of test paper with fields of equal size on colour chart provided on foil.
Please note: Store in a cool, dry place (below 32°C) and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids.
Made in USA
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).