SimplexHealth pH & Total Alkalinity Test (10 strips)
£3.99 Inc VAT (£3.33 Ex VAT)
These pH & alkalinity water test indicator strips are perfect to see to check the pH & alkalinity of your drinking & tap & bottled water.
Testing the pH of water is important:
- Very low or very high pH can be an indicator for problems with water quality.
- This is especially the case for private water supplies. If the pH is too high, then the desinfectant can not work properly. If a pH is too low, then water can be corrosive for metal parts, ie, lead from lead pipes can leach into water or metal parts can be damaged.
- Tap water should have a pH of 6.5 to 9.5. Pure water should have a pH of approx 7.
A single test strip has been designed with two separate test pads: one for pH and the other for Total Alkalinity measurements. This test is also an alternative to wet chemical tests since it gives reproducible results for each test separately.
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Fast and accurate results
- Test strips are stored in a resealable bag to protect them
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of water
- Accurate test results for each element are achieved less than one minute
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, as well as rain water
Content: 50 strips
Sensitivity: pH: 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 11.0
Total Alkalinity: 0, 40, 80, 120, 180, 240, 720 ppm (mg/l)
How to Use:
- Dip the Stick into water the water sample for 10 seconds without motion.
- Remove strip and immediately match colour of strip to the colour chart. Complete colour matching within 15 seconds.
Contains: 10 strips per bottle
Total Test time: 25 seconds
Please note: not suitable to test pool & spa water.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. It provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Store in a cool, dry (below 32°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).