Quick Test Kit for Nickel (Ni) (1 test)
£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT)
Out of stock
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
This multi-purpose Nickel Kit is a kit that can test for the presence of Nickel ions in water, the body and a wide range of materials (as long as they are a reasonably clear solution). This easy-to-use self-test contains everything required to carry out the test and it gives results in minutes.
Suitable for: urine, water; to test the substances which are not in solution, preparation can be made to convert them into solution for testing, this includes dust, dirt, paint, rice, milk, food, dishes, glasses (for urine please use the first morning urine)
This non-invasive Nickel Testing Kit helps detect harmful activities within the body through urine instead of blood.
Nickel is a naturally occurring metal existing in various mineral forms and may be found throughout the environment including rivers, lakes, oceans, soil, air, drinking water, foods, plants and animals. Nickel may be present in some groundwaters as a consequence of dissolution from nickel ore-bearing rocks. The primary source of nickel in drinking-water is leaching from metals in contact with drinking water, such as pipes and fittings. For humans, food is the dominant sources of nickel exposure followed by water. Nickel has no known biological function and is of medium toxicity to humans. In most cases of nickel poisoning symptoms of nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, giddiness, lassitude, headache and shortness of breath were reported which lasted a few hours. Allergic contact dermatitis is the most prevalent effect of nickel in the general population. It can be highly irritant to the skin, can be toxic to the cardiovascular system and is also considered being carcinogenic. (source: WHO)
The UK maximum contaminant level for Nickel in tap water set by DWI/DEFRA is 20µg/l (= 0.02mg/l).
This Nickel Test Kit contains an easy-to-read colourchart:
Sensitivity: 0, 0.02, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2, 0.35, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0 ppm (mg/l)
Contents: Each unit contains one test, including:
- 1 Colour chart on box
- 1 Test Instruction Sheet
- 1 Large Test-tube
- 1 vial with clear cap – reagent 1
- 1 vial with red cap – reagent 2
- 1 vial with yellow cap – reagent 3
Storage: please store in a cool & dry place , ideally 12°C to 20°C.
Note: The kit is not suitable for testing solutions that contain strong chemicals, too acidic or alkali, alcohol and organic oils. Only suitable for reasonable clear solutions.
Heavy metals can be implicated in a range of acute and chronic conditions. Other individual tests available include arsenic, cadmium, chlorine, chromium, cobalt, copper, iron, lead, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, silver, tin, heavy metals. Please view the range on our website or contact us for further information.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. Please keep out of reach of children and pets. Wash hands before and after use. The contents of the kit should not come in contact with food or consumables. Once the test has been completed, dispose of it responsibly.
|Each kit contains:|
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
Quick Test Kit for Manganese (Mn) (1 test)£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Water Bromine Check (50 strips)£12.99 Inc VAT (£10.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Water Manganese Check 0.02-1.6ppm (24 tests)£27.98 Inc VAT (£23.32 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Sensafe Water Mercury Test 0-80ppb (50 strips)£16.99 Inc VAT (£14.16 Ex VAT) Add to basket