These strips are typically used in applications such as aquarium water testing, where high levels of ammonia are dangerous for aquatic species. The Ammonia test strips are used to test for tank contaminants in aquariums and will detect the presence of ammonification from protein degradation. The chart reads 0-6ppm, 0ppm being ideal, 0.5 to 1.0ppm being stressed, and 3.0-6.0ppm being dangerous. The pH indicator pad in the Ammonia test strip is constructed to react only to the gaseous ammonia generated by the alkaline environment on the first test pad. The unique construction of the strip reduces, and in some cases eliminates the potential for many interferences, such as CN-, Fe, Mn, Ca, etc.
The strip is composed of two filter pads. The first filter pad acts as an absorbent and takes up the water sample. The first pad has been treated with alkaline materials. This alkaline environment converts any ammonia to the gaseous state.
The second filter pad is an hydrophobic material that has been treated in such a manner that only the gaseous ammonia is absorbed by the second filter pad. The second filter pad contains an indicator(s) capable of detecting the gaseous ammonia through a change in the pH of the filter pad
- Water-resistant label
- 25 test strips
- Desiccant vial with flip-top lid
- Range: 0 – 6ppm
Suitable for: fresh water, aquariums, aquacultures, ponds, drinking water, lakes and streams as well as rain water
Sensitivity: 0, 0.5, 1.0, 3.0, 6.0ppm
The test strips measure levels Ammonia (NH3) and Ammonium ions (NH4 + ) in water. The results are expressed as ppm Ammonia-Nitrate (NO3-N). Colour chart calibrated at 0, 0.5, 1.0, 3.0, and 6.0 ppm as Ammonia-Nitrate (to express results as Ammonia multiply the result by 1.2).
Contains: 25 strips
How to Use:
- Remove one test strip from the container and replace the lid.
- Dip the test strip into the water to be tested so that the pad is immersed.
- Keep the pad submersed for 5 seconds.
- Remove test strip, and shake off excess water.
- Compare strip to the colour chart after 1 minute
Total Test time: 1 minute and 20 seconds
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. It provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Store in a cool, dry (below 32°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids.
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
- All orders are shipped from United Kingdom (UK)
UK Shipment Options:
- FREE Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Royal Mail 1st Class (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 (1-2 business days): £2.99
- DHL Courier (1-2 business days): £6.98
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
Order by 12 noon for same day despatch. For urgent despatch after 12 noon, please call us on 01933 664746.
European Union (EU) Shipment Options:
- European International Shipping (5 – 10 Days) and from only £0.98.
- International Tracked from £6.93
- All orders to Europe are shipped including VAT so no duty or VAT to pay to customs
Please feel free to contact us for more information about international shipping before placing an order.
Rest of Europe, Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 20 Days) from £0.80 (can vary due to exchange rates)
- International orders outside the European Union and Great Britain are sent excluding VAT. Local VAT as well as potential import/duty fees are charged by local customs on point of import. Customs fees vary depending on product, however most of our products (ie water test kits) are duty free (0%). Please feel free to contact us for more information (ie HS Code) before placing an order.
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Royal Mail 1st Class (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail tracked service, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- DHL Courier (1-2 business days) – This express service is usually a next working day delivery (depending on location). Being a fully tracked service, you will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up 2 weeks (depending on the destination country), however for Europe delivery times are aprox 5-7 days.
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
I have not received my order what do I do?
If you have not received your goods after 14 working days, then please contact us and we will chase your delivery. The quickest way is to contact the team by email (quoting your order number and contact details) or call us on +44 (0) 1933 664746 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5.00pm). It is out of our control if delivery gets delayed due to postal strikes or natural disasters, however we will do our best to help solve any problems with lost items.
Returning an item
We want you to be happy with your purchase but understand that sometimes you may need to exchange or return an item. Follow our returns procedure if you would like to return a faulty, damaged, duplicate, incorrect or unwanted item. This can be viewed here or under Returns at the bottom of the screen.