Ammonia Test Strips 0-6.0ppm (25 Strips)
£12.99 Inc VAT (£10.83 Ex VAT)
The Ammonia test strips are used to test for tank contaminants in aquariums and will detect the presence of ammonification from protein degradation. The chart reads 0-6ppm, 0ppm being ideal, 0.5 to 1.0ppm being stressed, and 3.0-6.0ppm being dangerous. The pH indicator pad in the Ammonia test strip is constructed to react only to the gaseous ammonia generated by the alkaline environment on the first test pad. The unique construction of the strip reduces, and in some cases eliminates the potential for many interferences, such as CN-, Fe, Mn, Ca, etc.
The strip is composed of two filter pads. The first filter pad acts as an absorbent and takes up the water sample. The first pad has been treated with alkaline materials. This alkaline environment converts any ammonia to the gaseous state.
The second filter pad is an hydrophobic material that has been treated in such a manner that only the gaseous ammonia is absorbed by the second filter pad. The second filter pad contains an indicator(s) capable of detecting the gaseous ammonia through a change in the pH of the filter pad
- Water-resistant label
- 25 test strips
- Desiccant vial with flip-top lid
- Range: 0 – 6ppm
Suitable for: fresh water, aquariums, aquacultures, ponds, drinking water, lakes and streams as well as rain water
How to Use:
- This test strip measures Ammonia (17 g/mol) or Ammonia-Nitrogen. This means that our scale of 0, 0.5, 1.0, 3.0, and 6.0 ppm Ammonia equates to 0, 0.4, 0.8, 2.5, and 4 ppm Ammonia-Nitrogen (or 82% of the Ammonia ppm values), a factor of 1.2.
- Remove one test strip from the container and replace the lid.
- Dip the test strip into the water to be tested so that the pad is immersed.
- Keep the pad submersed for 5 seconds.
- Remove test strip, and shake off excess water.
- Compare strip to the color chart after 1 minute
Contains: 25 strips
Sensitivity: 0, 0.5, 1.0, 3.0, 6.0ppm
Total Test time: 1 minute
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. It provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Store in a cool, dry (below 32°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids.
|Each kit contains:|
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).