High Level QAC Test Strip 0-1500ppm (50 strips)
£7.99 Inc VAT (£6.66 Ex VAT)
The High Level QAC Test Strip (Quaternary Ammonium Compounds) measures the range of 1-1500 ppm in increments of 200, 400, 750, 1000 and 1500 ppm, and gives results in just seconds. Check for higher levels of QAC when testing stronger solutions that kill pathogenic organisms, as opposed to testing for residual QAC with our Low Level QAC test strip, or our standard QAC Quick Response Test Strip.
Precision Laboratories QAC test papers and strips utilize an effect commonly referred to as the “protein-error of indicators” to quantify the QAC ppm levels. While first observed with proteins (thus the name), the technique utilizes pH indicators and buffering systems to create an environment where the test paper or strip reacts (develops color) proportional to the amount of analyte (QAC) present. The PL QAC test papers and strips have color charts calibrated to solutions prepared from OASIS 146, an industry standard QAC product. The performance of the papers and strips with alternate QAC products should always be verified. In addition, any additives should be evaluated to see if they contribute to the “protein-error” effect.
How to Use:
- Remove a High Level QAC test strip from the vial by holding it between your index finger and thumb. Do not touch the test pad with your fingers.
- Dip the strip into the solution to be tested and remove immediately.
- Compare the test strip to the included color chart immediately. It is very important for the accuracy of the results to read the strip immediately (the maximum wait time is 5 seconds).
Contains: 50 strips per bag
The Precision Laboratories QAC test strips have been calibrated for use with all the commonly used hyamine and steramine quat (quaternary ammonium chloride) solutions. Some commercially available strips have errors as high as 50%. Use this guide to test your strips.
To prepare a 400ppm QAC solution, dilute 0.530ml of Oasis 146 into 100ml of water.
|Active Ingredients||Conc.||Active Ingredients||Conc.|
|Alkyl dimethylbenzyl ammonium chloride||3.00%||Octyldecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride||2.25%|
|di-n-octyl dimethyl ammonium chloride||0.90%||di-n-decyl dimethyl ammonium chloride||1.35%|
Prepare a stock solution by dissolving 1.25g in 100ml of water to produce a 10,000ppm solution. To prepare a 400ppm QAC solution, dilute 4ml of the stock solution into 100ml of water.
|n-Alkyl (C14=50%, C12=40%, C16=10%) dimethylbenzyl ammonium chloride-80%|
Prepare a stock solution by dissolving 1.25g Bardac 2280 in 100ml of water to produce a 10,000ppm solution. To prepare a 400ppm QAC solution, dilute 4ml of the stock solution into 100ml of water.
|Didecyldimethyl ammonium chloride-80%|
Prepare a stock solution by dissolving 2g Bardac 2250 in 100ml of water to produce a 10,000ppm solution. To prepare a 400ppm QAC solution, dilute 4ml of the stock solution into 100ml of water.
|Didecyldimethyl ammonium chloride-50%|
Sysco QAC Tablets
To prepare a 400ppm QAC solution, place 1 tablet into 2.82L (1 US Gal.) of water.
Alkyl (C14=95%, C12=3%, C16=2%) dimethylbenzyl ammonium chloride-50%
The accuracy of QAC tests strips does not depend on the pH value of solutions to be tested in the range of 1.86 – 9.2 pH, but rather it depends on buffering capacity. When the pH of a solution to be tested is a result of acidic or alkaline compounds without buffering capacity, then the accuracy of the test is not influenced. In the case that the pH of a solution to be tested is a result of a buffer, then the measure of influence depends on the buffering capacity of the solution.
The table below contains readings according to the regular color chart:
|Each kit contains:|
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).