Water Manganese Check 0.02-1.6ppm (12 tests)
£13.99 Inc VAT (£11.66 Ex VAT)
This Manganese Check is an accurate and rapid test strip designed for determining manganese concentrations in water.
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Low cost and high accuracy
- Test strips are individually sealed in foil to protect them
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of water
- Accurate results are achieved in 6 minutes
Manganese is a naturally occurring metal that is found in many types of rocks and soil. It combines with other substances such as oxygen, sulfur or chlorine. Manganese can also be combined with carbon to make organic manganese compounds. Common organic manganese compounds include pesticides, such as maneb or mancozeb, and methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT), a fuel additive in some gasolines. Manganese becomes noticable in water at >0.5ppm with a colour, odour or taste. In well water, Manganese is often found in a dissolved state. When first drawn the water will appear clear but upon exposure to air or after the addition of oxidants such as chlorine bleach or ozone the water looks brown or black.
Manganese is an essential trace element and is necessary for good health. Manganese can be found in several food items, including grains and cereals, and is found in high amounts in other foods, such as tea. Longterm exposure to high levels may lead to mental and emotional disturbances and slow and clumsy body movements (called manganism). New studies also seem to suggest that it may contribute towards Parkinson’s disease at elevated levels. Manganese is known to block calcium channels and with chronic exposure results in CNS dopamine depletion.
Exposure to Manganese can happen in several ways:
- Everyone is exposed to small amounts of manganese in air, water and food.
- Individuals who work in occupations that mine or use manganese are likely to be exposed to excess levels in their work environment.
- People who improperly use pesticides such as maneb and mancozeb, may be exposed to excess levels.
The UK maximum contaminant level for manganese in tap water set by DWI/DEFRA is 50µg/l (0.05mg/l; 0.05ppm).
Suitable for: water, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds as well as rain water
How to Use:
- Fill the supplied plastic vial with the water sample. Dip one test strip Mn1 into water sample for 20 seconds, then discard the strip. Repeat with Mn2 strip, remove the strip and then repeat with Mn3 strip.
- Remove the last strip and shake once, briskly, to remove excess water.
- Wait 3 minutes and match with closest colour on colour chart.
Contains: 12 strips
Sensitivity Levels: <0.02, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 1.0, >1.6 ppm (mg/l)
Total Test time: approx 6 minutes
It eliminates interferences from several ions like copper, iron, cobalt, lead, nickel, etc.
Store in a cool, dry (below 27°C) place and away from excess heat and sunlight.
Mn2 strip contains 40mg Cyanide. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Do not ingest or expose to acids.
Please note: Read Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) before use – included with each test. (Mn2 strip contains 40mg Cyanide. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Do not ingest or expose to acids.) Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids. This is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. Wash hands before and after use. The contents of the kit should not come in contact with food or consumables. Once the test has been completed, dispose of it responsibly.
Made in USA
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
Water Bromine Check (50 strips)£12.99 Inc VAT (£10.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Quick Test Kit for Chromium (1 test)£24.99 Inc VAT (£20.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Water Iron Check 0-5ppm (25 strips)£11.99 Inc VAT (£9.99 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Water Iron Test 0-50ppm (25 strips)£13.99 Inc VAT (£11.66 Ex VAT) Add to basket