Water Hydrogen Sulfide 0-80ppm (50 strips)
£13.99 Inc VAT (£11.66 Ex VAT)
Hydrogen Sulfide is characterised by a ‘rotten egg’ smell and exposure to high concentrations can damage health. Even after a short exposure it paralyses the olfactory nerves, so that one does not smell it. Therefore, regular testing is important.
Former product code 481197-1
This wide-range Hydrogen Sulfide water quality test gives reliable results in 10 seconds without the need for any laboratory equipment. Simply dip the test strip in the water sample for one second, shake off the excess and compare your results to the color chart provided.
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Test strips are stored in a plastic container to protect them
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of water
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required
When hydrogen sulfide is detected at low concentrations, then it doesn’t necessarily pose a risk to health . It gives water the ‘rotten egg’ smell and, as it is corrosive, it may tarnish copper and silverware, and cause black stains on laundry and porcelain even at concentrations as low as 1.0ppm. Higher concentrations may be more harmful to health.
Sulfur-reducing bacteria can live in oxygen-deficient areas, like deep wells, plumbing systems, water softeners or water heaters. High concentrations of hydrogen sulfide are rare, and they don’t usually happen in household drinking water (tap water). Water softeners provide a convenient environment for these bacteria to grow and they can foul the resin bed of an ion exchange water softener.
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds as well as rain water
Contains: 50 test strips, detailed instructions, colourchart
Total Test Time: 10 seconds
Testing Levels: 0, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80 ppm (mg/l)
How to Use:
- Dip one strip into a fresh water sample for 1 second.
- Remove and immediately match to the colour chart.
Please note: Store in a cool, dry place (below 30°C) and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids.
Made in USA
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).