Sulkowitch Urine Calcium Test (10 tests)
£22.99 Inc VAT (£19.16 Ex VAT)
The Osumex Sulkowitch Urine Calcium Test is a simple home test for the presence of calcium in urine using a simple titration procedure. The test measures calcium being excreted from the body. Calcium absorption depends on the acidity of the stomach, as well as a number of other co-factors including the amount of phosphate present, and takes place in the upper intestine.
Calcium is the most common mineral in the body and one of the most important. The body needs it to build and fix bones and teeth, help nerves work, make muscles squeeze together, help blood clot, and help the heart to work. Almost all of the calcium in the body is stored in the bones. The rest is found in the blood.
Normally the level of calcium in the blood is carefully controlled. When blood calcium levels get low (hypocalcemia), the bones release calcium to bring it back to a good blood level. When blood calcium levels get high (hypercalcemia), the extra calcium is stored in the bones or passed out of the body in urine and stool. The amount of calcium in the body depends on the amount of:
- Calcium you get in your food.
- Calcium and vitamin D your intestines absorb.
- Phosphate in the body.
- Certain hormones, including parathyroid hormone, calcitonin, and estrogen in the body.
- High calcium levels in the urine can cause kidney stones.
Vitamin D and these hormones help control the amount of calcium in the body. They also control the amount of calcium you absorb from food and the amount passed from the body in urine. The blood levels of phosphate are closely linked to calcium levels and they work in opposite ways: As blood calcium levels get high, phosphate levels get low, and the opposite is also true.
A urine calcium test is done to:
- See whether a kidney stone has developed because of high amounts of calcium in the urine.
- Check for problems with the parathyroid glands.
- A urine calcium test is not as helpful as a blood calcium test to find certain conditions, such as bone diseases or pancreatitis.
Contains: 10 tests; all equipment needed to carry out the test including 2 pipettes, test tube, reagent, detailed instructions
How to Use:
- Collect a fresh urine sample
- Transfer 25 drops of the urine sample to the test tube with the pipette provided
- Add 25 drops of the reagent, swirl to mix
- Wait 60 seconds, then observe turbidity:
- clear or low turbidity – low calcium
- normal turbidity – normal calcium
- heavy turbidity or milky – high calcium
Please note: This is not a medicine, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Always consult a trained health professional. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Contains poison. Not for oral consumption and avoid skin & eye contact. Store in a cool dry place. Always read full instructions before starting a test.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).