SimplexHealth Water Test Kit (6-in-One)
£7.99 Inc VAT (£6.66 Ex VAT)
Bulk Order Discount (Unit Price)
|1 - 2||£7.99|
This water test kit tests for pH, Total Alkalinity, Total Hardness, Iron, Nitrate and Nitrite.
- Ideal for use in home, field, on-site and lab
- Ideal to test fresh water from taps, springs and wells in your garden as well as the wastewater and processing industry
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Each test strip is sealed in its own foil pouch
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of water
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required
- Fast, semi-quantitative results
Protect yourself and your family from contaminants in drinking water, which can also enter your water through damaged pipes. Use this test, to test fresh water from springs and wells in your garden. Accurate results are obtained in under one minute for iron, total hardness, pH and nitrate, nitrite and total alkalinity.
Each test kit contains foil-packed strips with with a detailed color chart. The unique indicators are reactive only to their given elements without interference from surrounding materials. But best of all, this water quality test product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required, and the indicator is noncarcinogenic.
Nitrates & Nitrites: When animal and human wastes or soil fertilisers come into contact with water, they show up as nitrates and nitrites. There has been a 20 fold increase of the use of nitrogen fertilisers in the UK in the past 40 years. Nitrates and nitrites can be especially harmful for the development of babies and young children.
Hardness: Water hardness describes the amount of dissolved calcium and magnesium in the water. Hard water is high in dissolved minerals, most commonly calcium and magnesium. Very hard water can lead to damage on white goods and household appliances.
Iron: Groundwater can contain increased levels of iron, which can cause stains on laundry and fixtures.
pH: A very low or very high pH can be an indicator for problems with water quality. This is especially the case for private water supplies. If the pH is too high, then the desinfectant can not work properly. If a pH is too low, then water can be corrosive for metal parts, ie, lead from lead pipes can leach into water or metal parts can be damaged. Drinking water should have a pH between 6.5 and 8.5.
Total Alkalinity: Alkalinity is a measure of the capacity of water to neutralise acids. Alkalinity in water can protect against sudden changes of the pH level. Testing the pH & alkalinity of water is important, as a very low or very high pH can be an indicator for problems with water quality.
This water quality test kit contains everything that is required to test tap water and private water supplies simply and fast for the contaminants listed above. It is easy to use and contains clear instructions. Please note: Not suitable for aquariums & swimming pools.
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds as well as rain water
Contains: 2 tests for each element
- pH: 2.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.5, 8.5, 9.5, 10.5, 12.0
- Total Alkalinity: 0, 40, 80, 120, 180, 240, 500 ppm (mg/l)
- Total Hardness: 0, 50, 120, 250, 425, 1000 ppm (mg/l)
- Iron Check (Fe+2): 0.0, 0.05, 0.1, 0.3, 1.0 ppm (mg/l)
- Total Nitrate (as N): 0, 2.0, 10, 20, 50 ppm (mg/l)
- Nitrite (as N): 0, 0.2, 1.0, 1.5, 3.0 ppm (mg/l)
Total Test time: 3-5 minutes
Not sure which is the right water testing kit for you? Click here to compare our range of multi-pack options.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Store in a cool, dry (below 32°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids. Do not touch test pad and do not consume water which has been tested.
Made in USA
|Each kit contains:||
2 tests for each element
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).