Nitrate 0-500 & Nitrite 0-25 Tests (50 strips)
£15.99 Inc VAT (£13.33 Ex VAT)
SimplexHealth Nitrite and Nitrate test strip are designed to test for Nitrites & Nitrates in water. The Nitrate pad detects Nitrate in solution at 0, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, & 500ppm. The Nitrite pad detects Nitrite in solution at 0, 0.5, 1, 5, 10, & 25ppm.
- Please note: Results are shown as Nitrate (NO3) and Nitrite (NO2), not in Nitrogen (as N). For conversion labels to NO2 and NO3, divide Total Nitrate value by 4.4 to get NO3 mg/l; and divide Nitrite value by 3.3 to get NO2 mg/l.
When animal and human wastes or soil fertilisers come into contact with water, they show up as nitrates and nitrites. There has been a 20 fold increase of the use of nitrogen fertilisers in the UK in the past 40 years. Nitrates and nitrites are especially harmful for the development of babies and young children and can be a cause of the potentially fatal Blue Baby Syndrome. Some experts recommend to test drinking water for nitrates if a baby is expected, during in the early months of a pregnancy, before bringing an infant home, and again during the first 6 months of the baby’s life.
The UK maximum contaminant levels for Nitrate is 50mg/l and for Nitrite is 0.50mg/l.
This water quality test strip is an attractive alternative to other test methods for several reasons:
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Test strips are stored in a plastic container to protect them
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of water
- A mechanical reader is NOT required
- Accurate results are achieved in one minute
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required, and the indicator is noncarcinogenic
Suitable for: any fresh water, including water from tap, well, pond, stream, lake, river, ground, rain water
How to Use:
- Dip test strip into water sample for 2-3 seconds.
- Remove the test strip, and briefly shake off any excess liquid.
- Wait 30 seconds, then match colour change to closest colour on colour chart.
Contains: 100 test strips
Sensitivity: Nitrate: 0, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500 ppm (mg/l); Nitrites: 0, 0.5, 1, 5, 10, 25 ppm (mg/l)
- Results are shown as Nitrate (NO3) and Nitrite (NO2), not in Nitrogen (as N). For conversion labels to NO2 and NO3, divide Total Nitrate value by 4.4 to get NO3 mg/l; and divide Nitrite value by 3.3 to get NO2 mg/l.
Total Test Time: less than 1 minute
This strip is very sensitive to light and moisture, please keep the container tightly sealed.
General description: For semi-quantitative determinations. Detection method: colorimetric. Fast, simply dip and read indicator paper. Consists of a plastic strip with attached sealed test paper. Compare colour change of test paper with fields of equal size on colour chart provided on plastic box.
Please Note: Store in cool, dry place (below 90 °F/32 °C) and away from direct sunlight. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids. This is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. It provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument.
Made in UK
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).