Fluoride Test Strips 0-100+ppm (50 strips)
£18.99 Inc VAT (£15.83 Ex VAT)
The Fluoride test strip detects Fluoride in water in steps of 0, 10, 25, 50 and 100ppm. This test strip is ideal for monitoring fluoride levels in drinking water.
Too much fluoride in water can be harmful to humans and animals. The solution to be tested must have a pH of 0.5 in order for this test to be accurate. This can be achieved by using concentrated Hydrochloric acid (muriatic acid) to acidify the test solution. To confirm that this low pH has been achieved a pH test strip which covers the pH of 0-1.5 can be used. Click here to view our pH test strip measuring this low pH.
Hydrochloric acid should be available at a local hardware or pool/spa store as well as at chemical distributors, such as Fisher Scientific or VWR.
NOTE: The test strip result must be adjusted to compensate for the dilution used during the acidification process.
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, as well as rain water
How to Use:
- Acidify the water sample with hydrochloric acid (muriatic acid). The resultant pH must be at or below pH 0.5. (Take a note of the dilution ratio so that the test strip result can be adjusted to compensate for the dilution during the acidification process.)
- Dip the test strip into the pH adjusted water sample for 1 second.
- Remove and wait 10 seconds before matching with closest colour on colour chart.
- The result must be adjusted to compensate for the dilution used during the acidification process.
Contains: 50 strips
Sensitivity: 0, 10, 25, 50, 100+ ppm (mg/l)
Total Test time: 15 seconds
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. It provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Store in a cool, dry (below 32°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids.
|Each kit contains:|
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).