eXact iDip 570 Photometer Marine Starter Kit (salt water)
£233.33 Ex VAT) Inc VAT (
The latest technology in digital water testing allows customers to transfer their water testing results straight to a smart phone using a personalised app. From there they can be stored, emailed and categorised by location or customers.
Ideal for customers, who want to test salt water in in a marine setting or an Aquarium:
- Do a lot of regular testing, and possibly at different locations, and need to record the test results
- Want to keep the results in a chart
–> The iDip® photometer will test your water and download the results for you
Results include date, time and location – saving repetitive data entries
The new and exciting eXact iDip® photometer harnesses the power of smart devices and the simplicity of design to efficiently handle regular and complex water testing. The smart phone app is designed to work seamlessly with the waterproofed handheld unit with parameter information, data storage and GPS tracking included. Results are quickly available and exact. The eXact iDip® photometer is manufactured using the highest quality standards, capable of running over 19 water quality tests, uses simple AAA batteries.
The iDip® 486107-MA-K 570 Marine Starter Kit comes with:
- 4 tests pre-installed from the app-store, including pH, Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine and Total Alkalinity
- test strips to test 25 water samples for Calcium Hardness UH Kit (486629-K-25), Nitrate (486655-25), Total Alkalinity 570 (486680-25), Ammonia (486654), Total Hardness UH Kit (486656-K-25), Phosphate (486814-25), pH-BT (486657-25)(does not include in-app purchases, see above)
- This kit includes the new reagent called BT-pH, which has an extended range which is better for salt water
To carry out tests, you need:
- to download & install each test from the app-store from £4.95 each or at a bundle price (570 Marine Bundle) – prices do vary depending on exchange rates. This is a one-off cost, once a test has been downloaded onto your smart device from the app-store it can be used indefinitely
- Purchase the reagent/test strips for that test, for a complete range, please see table on this page
New tests are constantly developed – making this a testing device which can grow with your needs and requirements. It also makes it very efficient, as the user only pays for what he actually uses.
Data is seamlessly transferred between the two devices when paired with the eXact iDip® 570 photometer using Bluetooth® wireless technology that syncs and transmits test results in real time. The application stores the test results history of multiple water sources. Data can be shared via email and the built-in GPS feature allows for easy retrieval of water testing locations.
To view full instructions click here.
- Innovative – Only handheld photometer to communicate with a smartphone
- Customise – Only download the tests you want
- Location – First handheld photometer system that’s GPS enabled – saving time when inputting data
- Instant – documented results that can be e-mailed or exported via CSV file (spreadsheet)
- Save – Results stored in app’s history
- Reliable – Time, Date & GPS location stamp results
- Send & Share – instant results – share & email via CSV file (spreadsheet), Twitter and Facebook
- Waterproof – IP-67 rated and it floats
- Multi-lingual app in English, French, Spanish, Russian, German, Czech, Latvian and Chinese
- With auto-calibration so there is no need to regularly calibrate the photometer
- 2 years manufacturers warranty
- Can be used to test both, marine and fresh/tropical fish tanks
- Simple – Test procedure requires only 4 simple steps:
The simple and quick 20-second testing procedure takes the guesswork out of results. It’s like having a laboratory in the palm of your hand.
The eXact iDip® 570 photometer is perfect for measuring the water quality for aquarium/aquatic life in salt water settings. Using the patented eXact iDip® Smart Photometer System®, the meter is the first and only to integrate 2–way wireless communication with a smartphone/tablet. The multilingual app is the brain of the system which allows limitless possibilities including lab accuracy, free upgrades, test parameter customisation, mobile sharing, and data organisation.
Compatible with: Apple iPad®, Apple iPad® Mini, Apple iPhone®, Apple iPod touch® with the minimum iOS system version 9.0 and Android® version 4.4 with Bluetooth® 4.0*
*Please contact for information on specific models or generations.
iDip® photometer using Bluetooth® wireless technology that syncs and transmits test results in real time. The application stores the test results history of multiple water sources. Data can be shared via email and the built-in GPS feature allows for easy retrieval of water testing locations. Add notes and share instantly via email, .csv file (spreadsheet), Twitter and Facebook.
Each package contains:
- eXact® iDip® handheld photometer
- standard carrying case
- Instruction Manual in English*
- 4 tests pre-installed within the app including pH, Free Chlorine, Combined Chlorine (Chloramines) and Total Alkalinity. Further tests can be downloaded via the App-Store from £4.95 each (prices do vary depending on exchange rates)
- 25 tests of each Ammonia (486654), Total Alkalinity (486641), pH-BT (486657), Calcium, Magnesium (calculated), Total Hardness high range (486656), Nitrate (486655) & Phosphate (486814) (does not include in-app purchases). Further reagents are available, please see table below.
*Each product comes with English instructions. Other languages are available on special request, this includes German, French, Spanish and Chinese.
Suitable for: water quality testing of salt water in aquariums and marine life (Please note, NOT suitable for cloudy water)
The iDip 570 photometer can be used to test both, marine as well as fresh/tropical fish tanks, please note that some reagents differ, ie. the ultra high Calcium and ultra high Total Hardness are only suitable for marine water testing – for details please see table on this page.
To test water from taps, wells private water supplies etc, we recommend using eXact iDip.
Testing Range: between 1 and 0.01, please see table below
For a complete range of potential testing parameters please see the table below. Reagents for each parameter have to be purchased separately – details in the table below. Please contact us to find out more or ask for other reagents which may not yet be available online.
Automatic calculation of Mg2+ if you do Calcium Hardness and Total Hardness. Calculated Mg2+ range from 437-1425 ppm as Mg2+.
To obtain results for Magnesium Hardness (Mg):
- Complete tests for Calcium Hardness UH Marine and Total Hardness UH Marine.
- Press Results, values for Mg will be calculated automatically and displayed on the Results page of the app.
NOTE: Default units of measure for Calcium, Magnesium and Total Hardness are set to CaCO3 when you first download the app. If you prefer to have the results in Ca2+, Mg2+, DH or other values – please change the setting in your app. Go to Profile-> Preferred units of measure and choose for each parameter separately. If Magnesium Hardness is not showing in the list, do at least one test and hit results, so Magnesium Hardness is calculated. Then you can go into Profile and change the setting. Even if you enter Calcium and Total Hardness values in Manual entry, it will do the trick and you will be able to change preferred units.
eXact Digital Tester
|Each kit contains:||
4 tests pre-installed from the app-store, including pH, Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine and Total Alkalinity
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).