Covid-19 (Coronavirus) RT-PCR Swab Home Test Kit
£83.33 Ex VAT) Inc VAT (
Out of stock
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
NEW – Now available as a Covid Swab Surface Test : This laboratory surface swab test has been designed to check if SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) is present on a surface – ideal for testing in a home or small office. CLICK HERE
COVID-19 RT PCR Nose/Throat Self Swab Home to Laboratory Test Kit
- The Covid-19 swab home test kit checks whether you had an active case of Covid-19 when you took the sample.
- Analysis carried out by a Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) approved lab.
- The test result will allow you to make correct decisions about self-isolating to protect yourself and others.
- The Real-Time PCR analysers used are twice as sensitive as those routinely used in NHS testing. This means that it can detect individuals without symptoms (Asymptomatic Carriers) as well as those with symptoms.
This Covid-19 home test requires a combined nose/throat swab sample to be collected and sent to our accredited UK laboratory for testing – no blood required.
How to order your Covid-19 Home Test Kit:
- Order before 12pm – Your test kit will be sent out on the same day with next day delivery for all orders placed before 12 noon Monday to Thursday* (orders placed after 12 noon on Thursday should arrive Monday).
- Sample collection – Once you have received your Covid-19 home test kit in the post, you can take your sample. You will be required to take a swab of the back of your throat, then inside your nostril using the same swab. Your kit includes a easy to follow set of instructions guiding you on how to collect your sample correctly.
- Send the sample to the Lab – Once you have taken your swab, post it the same day, using the pre-paid, tracked return packaging.
- Laboratory PCR test – Your swab sample will be sent to the accredited laboratory for full analysis. This can confirm the presence of coronavirus, with results typically available within 24-48 hours* of arriving in the lab. This test will not indicate immunity or detect antibodies.
- Results – Results will be emailed to the email address used to place the order (please check your junk folder). A certificate with your test result is available to serve as proof of your test result, this can be used for travelling. Simply request this by email after you have placed your order.
Travelling and not sure if this service is right for you? Simply contact us with your travel dates & times and we are happy to advice further.
Inside your PCR Covid-19 Test Kit you will find:
- A multipurpose RT-PCR swab (long cotton bud)
- Detailed instructions for sample collection
- A consent form
- A postage-paid, tracked box to return your sample to the laboratory for analysis by Royal Mail Special Delivery. (One return packaging will be shipped with each order. If you prefer to return the samples at different times, then please place separate orders.)
Once you have taken your sample, simply post it to our laboratory on the same day using the tracked, pre-paid return packaging.
- Highly accurate results – PCR tests are some of the most reliable and accurate tests. The RT-PCR analysers we use are twice as sensitive as those routinely used in NHS testing. This means that it can detect individuals without symptoms (Asymptomatic Carriers) as well as those with symptoms.
- Fast turnaround time – We will send the test results as soon as they are available, usually within 24 – 48 hours of your sample’s arrival at our laboratory.
- Accredited laboratory – All tests are performed at a Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) UK laboratory.
- Results – we will email the test results to the email address used to place the order. Please check your junk folder just in case.
- We will ship one lot of returns packaging with each order. Therefore, if you are planning to submit multiple samples, then all swabs need to be taken at the same time so they can be shipped together for analysis. If you are planning on taking the samples at different times and/or places, then please place separate orders so that we can supply the correct amount of return packaging.
Technical details about the Covid-19 Test Kit: Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) by RT-qPCR
Testing is performed using a nasopharyngeal swab system which inactivates viral particles at point of sampling and preserves nucleic acids for downstream analysis. Our lab uses the Genesig® Real-Time PCR Coronavirus Covid-19 (CE IVD) designed to achieve qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA extracted from nasopharyngeal swabs, oropharyngeal swabs and sputum samples. Viral RNA extracted from the sample matrix is purified, amplified and characterised as Covid-19 specific. The kit is validated to detect 0.58 copies/µl of SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA with a confidence ≥95%. False negative results may be caused by samples outside of viraemic phase. Results and clinical symptoms must be interpreted by a healthcare professional. The Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) by RT-qPCR test is approved by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC).
Unfortunately, this service is not available for the following post codes as next day delivery can not be guaranteed:
- Mainland UK: AB30-56 Aberdeen; IV21-28, 40, 52, 54 Inverness; KW1-14 Caithness; PA28-38 Argyll, PH15, 17-26 Perthshire; PH49 Ballachulish; PH50 Kinlochleven
- Islands: HS1 Stornoway (Lewis); KA27 Aaron; KA28 Cumbrae; KW15 Kirkwall; KW16 Stormness, Town only; PA29 (0-9), PA41 Gigha; PA42-49 Islay; PA60 Jura; PA77 Tiree; ZE1 Lerwick (Shetlands); HS3 Harris; HS4 Scalpay; HS5 Leverburgh; HS6 N Uist; HS7 Benbecula; HS8 Erisksay; HS8 S Uist; HS9 Castlebay (Barra); IV41-51, 55-56 Skye.
- GY1 Herm only (Channel Islands); GY9 Sark (Channel Islands); HS2 Lewis; PA61 Colonsay; PA62-75 Mull; PA78-Coll; ZE2-3 Shetlands
- KW16-17 Orkney; PH30Corrour; PH41 Mallaig; PH42 Eigg & Muck; PH43-44 Isle of Rum & Canna.
- Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
*Please note that this timeframe is a guide as sample collection kits and returned samples are delivered by Royal Mail and all handling and delays are outside of our control. Please contact us if you have not received your result within three working days of returning your testing kit. Please note that we cannot guarantee a specific timeframe for results and therefore we can not be held liable for potential costs occurred due to missed flights, events, trips or similar.
- The sample is best to be taken in the morning then dropped off at your local post office for same day shipping. Any results received outside of the specified holding time will receive a comment on the report to state the results could be compromised.
- For customers wishing to deliver the swab for analysis, the postcode is NN4 (Northampton, Northamptonshire). This ensures safe and timely arrival. Please contact us if you would like to do that.
- Service not available for customers outside the UK, outer Hebrides, Isle of Wright, Isle of Man and Cornwall.
- All Covid 19 Home Test Kits are sent from our location in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.
- If you are planning to submit multiple samples, then all swabs need to be taken at the same time so they can be shipped together for analysis. If you are planning on taking the samples at different times and/or places, then please place separate orders so that we can supply the correct amount of return packaging.
- The postal service is not suitable for those with a Saturday or Sunday ‘test’ date. Please check which date you need to test to meet your particular requirements before you purchase a kit online. If you need to test on a Saturday or Sunday, then please contact us first.
- All customers purchasing these tests must use their own judgement about the best date to purchase, carry out and return the test to us. Simplexhealth cannot take responsibility for any test timelines and associated outcomes affecting travel.
- Suitable for adults and children over 8 years of age.
- For orders of multiple samples, keep all samples separate and identify each by labelling the returns correctly.
- This service is non-refundable.
- Failure to comply with the requirements for sample collection and labelling might result in a failed analysis of your sample. We can not refund orders where instructions have not been followed.
|Each kit contains:||
A multipurpose RT-PCR swab (long cotton bud)
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).