Aquarium (fresh water) (5-in-1) (50 strips)
£10.83 Ex VAT) Inc VAT (
Bulk Order Discount (Unit Price)
|2 - 3||£11.69|
The 5-Pad Aquarium Test strips monitor 5 different variables that are significant for aquarium health: pH, Alkalinity, Hardness, Nitrate, and Nitrite. The special pH test pad is designed for low-ionic and low-buffered waters present in aquariums. These test strips can be used to test both freshwater and saltwater ponds and aquariums. Our aquarium test strips measure water hardness due to calcium carbonate and can help you determine whether you have hard or soft water in just seconds.
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Fast and accurate results
- Test strips are stored in a plastic container to protect them
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of Fresh / Aquarium water due to the test range
- Accurate test results for each element are achieved less than one minute
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required
Suitable for: fresh water, aquariums (freshwater and saltwater), aquacultures, ponds, drinking water, lakes and streams as well as rain water
Contains: 50 test strips, each testing for each of the listed elements
Total Test Time: approx. 10 seconds
- pH (read first): 6.4, 6.8, 7.2, 7.6, 8.0, 8.4
- Total Alkalinity: 0, 3, 6, 10, 15, 20 ppm (mg/l)
- Total Hardness: 0, 3, 7, 14, 28 ppm (mg/l)
- Nitrite: 0, 0.5, 1.0, 5.0, 10, 25 ppm (mg/l)
- Nitrate: 00, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500 ppm (mg/l)
(These strips are recommended for fresh water aquariums due to the test range; for tap water and other fresh water we recommend Water Test Kit 5-in-1 Aquaculture/Well)
How to use:
- Remove one test strip from the vial, holding the end of the test strip between your index finger and thumb. Do not touch the test pads with your fingers.
- Dip the test strip, immersing all 5 pads, into the solution being tested for 1 second.
- Remove and shake off excess liquid.
- Immediately compare the alkalinity pad to the colour chart, followed by Nitrate and Nitrite.
- After 1 minute, read the pH and Hardness pads.
General description: For semi-quantitative determinations. Detection method: colorimetric. Fast, simply dip and read indicator paper. Consists of a plastic strip with attached sealed test paper. Compare colour change of test paper with fields of equal size on colour chart provided.
Not sure which is the right water testing kit for you? Click here to compare our range of multi-pack options.
Please note: that this is a screening //how-to-chose-the-right-water-testing-kit-for-you/test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. It provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Store in a cool, dry (below 32°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids. Do not touch test pad and do not consume water which has been tested.
Made in USA
|Each kit contains:||
50 test strips, each testing for each of the listed elements
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).