Quick Test Kit for Manganese (Mn) (1 test) Exp 06/21
£24.99 Inc VAT (£17.50 Ex VAT)
Special price due to expiry date 06/2021
Manganese is a naturally occurring metal that is found in many types of rocks. It combines with other substances such as oxygen, sulfur, or chlorine. Manganese can also be combined with carbon to make organic manganese compounds. Common organic manganese compounds include pesticides, such as maneb or mancozeb, and methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT), a fuel additive in some gasolines.
Manganese is an essential trace element and is necessary for good health. Manganese can be found in several food items, including grains and cereals, and is found in high amounts in other foods, such as tea. Longterm exposure to high levels may lead to mental and emotional disturbances and slow and clumsy body movements (called manganism). New studies also seem to suggest that it may contribute towards Parkinson’s disease at elevated levels. Manganese is known to block calcium channels and with chronic exposure results in CNS dopamine depletion.
Exposure to Manganese can happen in several ways:
- Everyone is exposed to small amounts of manganese in air, water, and food.
- Individuals who work in occupations that mine or use manganese are likely to be exposed to excess levels in their work environment.
- People who improperly use pesticides such as maneb and mancozeb, may be exposed to excess levels.
The UK maximum contaminant level for manganese in tap water set by DWI/DEFRA is 50µg/l (0.05mg/l; 0.05ppm).
This multi-purpose test kit tests not only the presence or absence of manganese but also gives an indication of the amount in parts per million (ppm) in water, the body and a wide range of materials.
This non-invasive test kit helps detect harmful activities within the body through urine. It is simple to use at home with full instructions given.
Suitable for: urine, water; to test the substances which are not in solution, preparation can be made to convert them into solution for testing, this includes dust, dirt, paint, rice, milk, food, dishes, glasses
It is recommended to use saliva only if the user wishes to test for manganese or other metals that may be leaking from any amalgam dental fillings. Otherwise, to test for heavy metals in the body, the user should use urine as the sample solution to be tested.
Sensitivity: 0, 0.01, 0.02, 0.05, 0.1, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 ppm
This test kit contains an easy-to-read colourchart:
- 1 Colour strip on box of the kit
- 1 Test Instruction Sheet
- 1 Large Test-tube
- 1 Vial with blue cap – Reagent 1
- 1 Vial with clear cap – Reagent 2
- 1 Vial with red cap – Reagent 3
Content: Each unit contains one test.
Storage: This kit should be stored in a cool place , ideally 12C to 20C. Please keep out of reach of children and pets. Wash hands before and after use. The contents of the kit should not come in contact with food or consumables. Once the test has been completed, dispose of it responsibly. Read the instructions first before starting the test.
Heavy metals can be implicated in a range of acute and chronic conditions. Other individual tests available include aluminium, arsenic, cadmium, chlorine, chrome, cobalt, copper, iron, lead, mercury, molybdenum, silver, tin, heavy metals. Please view the range on our website or contact us for further information.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. Please keep out of reach of children and pets. Wash hands before and after use. The contents of the kit should not come in contact with food or consumables. Once the test has been completed, dispose of it responsibly.
|Each kit contains:|
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).