Hydrosense One Ultra Rapid Legionella Swab Tests (1 test) – 200CFU
£62.99 Inc VAT (£52.49 Ex VAT)
Bulk Order Discount (Unit Price)
|2 - 4
|5 - 9
Accurate swab testing to detect Legionella on surfaces
Biofilm is very common and can be found inside pipework, taps, shower heads and water tanks and is often overlooked when it comes to Legionella risk. A majority of Legionella, if present, could be locked in biofilm.
This Hydrosense Legionella Swab Test is an easy option for quickly sampling surface biofilms. Instead of testing a water source you simply swab the area to obtain the biofilm sample. Legionella grows in biofilms, therefore testing the surface of shower heads, air conditioning units, water tanks, taps, spa pools etc. while paying particular attention to any biofilm deposits, gives a very accurate picture of the condition of your water system. This kit is also very useful for locating the source of infection, which often will be within biofilms.
- Very sensitive & easy to use test
- Kit includes everything required to carry out the test
- Reliable & independent
- Audit trail: log & report the results using the Hydrosense App
- No training or expertise required
For detecting Legionella in Biofilms, including shower heads, sinks, air conditioning units, water tanks, cooling towers, taps, spa pools, sprinklers, humidifiers etc
- Sample Type: surface areas
- Sensitivity: 200 cfu per swabbed area
- Sample Area: 10cm2
- Bacteria detected: Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1
- Contains: 1 Test
- Total Test Time: approx. 10 minutes to conduct the test process and 25 minutes wait for the results.
- Shelf Life: approx. 12 months form the date of manufacture
- Ultra part number: 100220
Please contact us for bulk orders and if you would like to set up regular testing. We can provide you with a customised quote.
Specificity: Tested against a wide range of waterborne bacteria, including Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, Aeromonas hydrophila subsp. hydrophila, Bacillus subtilis, Burkholderia cepacia, Citrobacter freudii, Citrobacter koseri, Escherichia coli, Enterobacter cloacae, Klebsiella oxytoca, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Pseudomonas putida, Pseudomonas stutzeri, Ralstonia pickettii, Raoultella terrigena, Streptococcus pyrogenes, Yersinia ruckeri.
No cross reactions have been observed at concentrations ≤ 109 CFU/L. Staphylococcus aureus has been observed to cross-react with the test at concentrations > 108 CFU/L, which is higher than found in most water samples.
- Organism / ≥cfu/mL: L.p Sg-2,3,8,11,13,14 / 1.00E+08; L.p. Sg-4,5,6,7,9,10,15 / 1.00E+07; L.p. Sg-12 / 8.00E+06; S.aureus / 2.00E+08
The Hydrosense legionella pneumophila Sg-1 test has been shown to produce weak positive results with other legionella pneumophila serogroups at the cfu/ml stated in the above list.
- A wide range of non-oxidising biocides and bio dispersants have been checked for cross reaction and interference with the test.
- The test should not be used on systems treated with biguanide or tetrakis hydroxymethyl phosphonium sulfate (THPS) based biocides.
To see the full range of Hydrosense Legionella tests: click here.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Wash hands before and after use. Store in a cool, dry place at room temperature 18-22°C and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. Do not freeze. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids. Dispose of used tests responsibly.
Hydrosense Legionella Water Test Kits offer very sensitive detection limits of 100 CFU/L for the water test and 200 CFU per swabbed area for the swab test. A perfect choice for high-risk industries or in countries where there are stricter Legionella action levels.--> Click here to compare the Hydrosense products.
Hydrosense ONE Ultra Legionella Water Test: This test can be used on water samples from any source to detect Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 (LpSG1). The unique Hydrosense filter, included in the kit, captures any Legionella present in the sample as the water is pushed through it. This is then extracted from the filter into a solution which is dropped onto the test strip.Hydrosense Pro Ultra Rapid Legionella Water Test. Reliable and rapid self testing of water samples from any source. This new product is just as easy-to-use and accurate as the ONE Ultra but now detects all Legionella pneumophila serogroups 1-15.
Hydrosense ONE Ultra Legionella Swab Test: Biofilms are the slimy substance that can be found inside pipework or on surfaces like shower heads, water tanks or pools. If Legionella is present, there is a strong chance it will reside in biofilm. This test kit will quickly and easily sample this substance for the bacteria to detect Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 (LpSG1).
Hydrosense ONE Ultra Legionella Industrial Kit: If there is a need to repeat test a single water outlet in high-risk areas like commercial, healthcare and hospitality buildings with large water systems, this test kit would be the ideal choice. The test detects Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 (LpSG1). It includes 5 tests for water sampling and the Hydrosense filter technology is delivered using the plumbing fitting adaptor (US 1/2 inch NPT and 3/4 inch BPT fittings). Simply attach the adaptor and leave it in place ready for future testing.Click here to compare the Hydrosense products. Contact us for quantity discounts and further information about Hydrosense
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
- All orders are shipped from United Kingdom (UK)
UK Shipment Options:
- FREE Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Royal Mail 1st Class (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 (1-2 business days): £2.99
- DHL Courier (1-2 business days): £6.98
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
Order by 12 noon for same day despatch. For urgent despatch after 12 noon, please call us on 01933 664746.
European Union (EU) Shipment Options:
- European International Shipping (5 – 10 Days) and from only £0.98.
- International Tracked from £6.93
- All orders to Europe are shipped including VAT so no duty or VAT to pay to customs
Please feel free to contact us for more information about international shipping before placing an order.
Rest of Europe, Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 20 Days) from £0.80 (can vary due to exchange rates)
- International orders outside the European Union and Great Britain are sent excluding VAT. Local VAT as well as potential import/duty fees are charged by local customs on point of import. Customs fees vary depending on product, however most of our products (ie water test kits) are duty free (0%). Please feel free to contact us for more information (ie HS Code) before placing an order.
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Royal Mail 1st Class (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail tracked service, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- DHL Courier (1-2 business days) – This express service is usually a next working day delivery (depending on location). Being a fully tracked service, you will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up 2 weeks (depending on the destination country), however for Europe delivery times are aprox 5-7 days.
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
I have not received my order what do I do?
If you have not received your goods after 14 working days, then please contact us and we will chase your delivery. The quickest way is to contact the team by email (quoting your order number and contact details) or call us on +44 (0) 1933 664746 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5.00pm). It is out of our control if delivery gets delayed due to postal strikes or natural disasters, however we will do our best to help solve any problems with lost items.
Returning an item
We want you to be happy with your purchase but understand that sometimes you may need to exchange or return an item. Follow our returns procedure if you would like to return a faulty, damaged, duplicate, incorrect or unwanted item. This can be viewed here or under Returns at the bottom of the screen.