Healgen Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Test (20 Tests)
£109.99 Inc VAT (£91.66 Ex VAT)
Bulk Order Discount (Unit Price)
|1 - 4||£109.99|
The Healgen Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Test (Swab) is intended for the rapid detection of COVID-19 – results available within 15 minutes with high accuracy.
- It is intended to aid in the rapid diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infections.
- The Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test (Swab) does not differentiate between SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2.
- Each kit contains everything required to carry out the tests, no additional equipment is needed.
- Approved by Public Health England & validated by the UK government.
- Results in 15 minutes.
- Each kit includes clear instructions and is easy to use.
- This test is not for home use.
- Cannot be shipped to a USA address.
- Now available as a Covid-19 Healgen Single Test
The Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test is one of only three UK Government approved Rapid Antigen Test. It is in high demand from schools, councils and companies.
- This test is being rolled out by the UK government to mass test the population in Liverpool and other cities, click here for UK Government approval (test 3 on the list).
- This test is intended for use by clinical professionals (eg Doctor/Practice Nurse/Employer Occupational Health depts etc).
- An application for exceptional use of a COVID-19 rapid test, to be used by members of the public for home use, was approved on the 23rd December 2020 by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), click here for details.
- The manufacturer and reseller advice that this kit is not designed for home use.
Please contact us for Bulk Order prices
All prices include VAT and Free UK Delivery –
- 1 unit (20 tests) : £109.99 each (incl VAT) / £91.65 (excl VAT)
- Call for bulk order prices
- Positive Percent Agreement (PPA): 97.3%
- Negative Percent Agreement (NPA): 99.6%
- Overall Percent Agreement (OPA): 98.9%
- Specimen: Nasopharyngeal (NP) Swab
- Time to Results: 15 minutes
- Shelf Life: usually 24 months from the date of manufacture
- Rapid testing for SARS-CoV-2 antigen within 15 minutes
- Facilitates patient treatment decisions quickly
- Simple, time-saving procedure
- All necessary reagents provided & no equipment needed
- High sensitivity and specificity
Each kit contains:
- 20 Test cassettes
- 20 Sterile swabs
- 20 Extraction tubes and dropper tip
- 1 Workstation
- 2 Buffers
- 1 Package insert
- The Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test (Swab) has been evaluated with specimens obtained from patients.
- A commercialised molecular assay was used as the reference method.
- The results show that the Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test (Swab) has a high overall relative accuracy.
1. Specimen Collection
- Use the nasopharyngeal swab supplied in the kit
- Carefully insert the swab into the nostril of the patient, reaching the surface of posterior nasopharynx that presents the most secretion under visual inspection.
- Swab over the surface of the posterior nasopharynx.
- Rotate the swab several times. Withdraw the swab from the nasal cavity.
2. Sample preparation
- Insert the test extraction tube into the workstation
- Make sure that the tube is standing firm and reaches the bottom of the workstation
- Add 0.3 mL (about 10 drops) of the sample extraction buffer into the extraction tube.
- Insert the swab into the extraction tube which contains 0.3 mL of the extraction buffer. Roll the swab at least 6 times while pressing the head against the bottom and side of the extraction tube. Leave the swab in the extraction tube for 1 minute.
- Squeeze the tube several times with fingers from outside of the to immerse the swab
- Fit the dropper tip with filter on top the extraction tube tightly
- Remove the swab. The extracted solution will be used as test sample.
3. Interpretation of Results
- Allow the test device, test sample and buffer to equilibrate to room temperature prior to testing
- Remove test device from the sealed pouch just prior to the testing and lay flat on work bench.
- Ensure the nozzle with filter is fitted on to the sample extraction tube tightly.
- Reverse the sample extraction tube, and add 4 drops (about 100 μL) of test sample by squeezing the extracted
- solution tube into the sample window.
- Wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read in 15 minutes.
- Do not interpret the result after 20 minutes.
- POSITIVE – The presence of two lines as control line (C) and test line (T) within the result window indicates a positive result.
- NEGATIVE* – The presence of only control line (C) within the result window indicates a negative result.
- INVALID – If the control line (C) is not visible within the result window after performing the test, the result is considered invalid. Some causes of invalid results are because of not following the directions correctly or the test may have deteriorated beyond the expiration date. It is recommended that the specimen be re-tested using a new test.
Note: The intensity of color in the test line region (T) may vary depending on the concentration of analytes present in the specimen. Therefore, any shade of color in the test line region (T) should be considered positive. Please note that this is a qualitative test only and cannot determine the concentration of analytes in the specimen. Insufficient specimen volume, incorrect operating procedure or expired tests are the most likely reasons for control band failure.
(*Negative results do not rule out SARS-CoV-2 infection, particularly those who have been in contact with the virus. Follow up testing with a molecular diagnostic test should be considered to rule out infection in these individuals.)
In-vitro use only. Please note, each box includes 1 x work station and 2x buffer solutions, therefore it can not be split up.
Returns Policy: This product is non-returnable and non-refundable.
Terms & Conditions:
- All persons intending to use the Deliverables must rely on their own knowledge and judgment in the selection and use of those Deliverables; and
- Antibodies and related products have a limited usable life and require storage and use in controlled conditions.
- Professional use only.
- Glenfield Investments Ltd T/A Simplexhealth can not take any responsibility or reliability for incorrect use and expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions or reliance of test results.
- is responsible for complying with any applicable legislation and regulations governing the test;
- shall use and handle the product in accordance with applicable laws, including applicable health and safety regulations; and
- shall ensure that it and/or its personnel handling the tests have read and understood the instructions to ensure accuracy of such tests.
- is responsible for complying with any potential requirements set out by national and local authorities which may have to be adhered to as a result of undertaking the tests (ie. any reporting requirements and isolation requirement).
Technical Details about this test
The Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test (Swab) is an in vitro immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of nucleocapsid protein antigen from SARS-CoV-2 in nasopharyngeal (NP) swab specimens directly or after the swabs have been added to viral transport media from individuals who are suspected of COVID-19 by their healthcare provider. It is intended to aid in the rapid diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infections. The Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test (Swab) does not differentiate between SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2.
Storage: The kit can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated (2-30°C), please follow instructions on each pack. The test device is stable through the expiration date printed on the sealed pouch. The test device must remain in the sealed pouch until use. Please read instructions fully before starting any of the tests. DO NOT FREEZE. Do not use beyond the expiration date.
|Each kit contains:||
20 Test cassettes
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).