Price £19.99£17.99Save: 10% off
This is one test you don't want to miss! Nothing is more critical to your family's health than the immediate detection
of lead in your drinking water. This all too common contaminant has been linked to learning disabilities,
kidney damage, and muscle disorders.
Suitable for: water
When using the lead test kit, please use a water sample from water that has been sitting in the pipe for a while (ie. the first water in the morning). Click here to find out more about testing for lead in drinking water. Should lead be present, then there is also some advice on what you do in the short term.
Lead Test Instructions
The Watersafe Lead Test can detect dissolved lead at levels below the EPA Action level of 15 parts per billion (ppb).
1. Open Lead packet and take out all contents. The packet contains a test vial, a dropper pipette, two Watersafe test strips, and a desiccant (to be discarded).
2. Using dropper, place exactly TWO dropper-fulls of water sample into test vial. To pick up the sample, tightly squeeze the bulb at the end of the dropper and place the open end into the water sample. Release the bulb to pick up the sample, then squeeze again to expel the sample into the vial.
3. Swirl vial gently for several seconds. Place on a flat surface.
4. Place both test strips into the test vial, with arrows pointing DOWN.
5. Wait 10 minutes. Do not disturb strips or vial during this time. Blue lines will appear on the strips.
6. Take the strips out of the vial and lay them on a flat surface with the arrows pointing to the LEFT.
If you only see the LEFT line (next to number 1), the test is negative)
Negative: The LEFT line (next to number 1) is darker than the RIGHT line (next to number 2)
Positive: The RIGHT line (next to number 2) is darker than the LEFT line (next to number 1), or lines are equally dark (Both LEFT and RIGHT lines are equally dark)
7. Note: If no lines appear, or both lines are very light, the test did not run properly and the result is not valid. If a test strip shows a positive result, your water sample may contain lead at a toxic level.
Please note that Watersafe® is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. Watersafe® provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument.
To test the amount of lead in ppm (parts per million) in your water or body (using urine or saliva) click here: Home Test Kit for Lead (range)
Made in USA
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to Write a review.
Enter your email address to subscribe to our Newsletter!